Worst detecting ground out west

I am going to get a Garrett ATX sooner or later and am headed down to Arizona. Where are some of the places with mineralization that gives VLF detectors fits? Either intense ground or hot rocks or both? The gold does not need to be good as mainly I just want to see how the ATX runs in bad ground.

I have heard of some bad ground up around the Columbia River also and other locations so it need not be just Arizona. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey Matt - I am going to hold you to that! Yup, I've wanted to get back to that spot and hunt it with the fine gold setting on the 5000. I will have my own side by side ATV by then so we should not have to load up your Rhino like it was a clown car.

Very true - that would be a good spot and I've got a few places I want to show you as well.

Hope next summer we will have some time to get in some hunting together. This was a messed up summer for me (at least the first part of it)

Chris