Speaking of small gold!

Got out today for 4 hours and tried a spot not far from home, about 15 minute drive.

Thought I had a good bit at one stage, a nice groaning dropping signal on my 5000. Dug down over a foot till the sound was gone, drats just a mineral signal. But it was up hill from where I got these. 12 little bits for 2.7g, so for a short time I thought I had their big daddy.

Still a good day and a lot of fun!

post-66415-0-82484200-1385374368_thumb.j

Hi Relichunter. I use the N/F 12" mono solid. One of the newest ones, they are a tiny bit more stable then the older ones from a couple of years ago. Super sensitive too but also good depth. I have an 18" which I put on when I think its deeper down but the 12" is deadly and gets me most of my gold. In August this year I was using the 12" and got a faint target that gave a dropping tone. I dug down to just over a foot and a half and scored a beautiful specie with 44gs of gold in it. I went back with the 18" but that was all that was there. Im sure the 18 would have got it better but the 12 did a good job. The smallest I have got with it is 1/20th of a g. I don't chase small gold specifically but will happily take it if its there. Gold id gold! And these days where I live its pretty flogged so beggars cant be choosers! The 5000 running in sensitive extra and the 12" in ground that's not highly mineralised is awesome. You can crank up the gain and little targets really sing out, the bigger ones boom. Running like that its hard to pick a bigger bit, couple of gs upwards, from the small ones, they all sound so good. But where I live spots like that are not common and its enhance or fine gold that I use 95% of the time.

Went back to the same place today and did 3 hours swinging before the heat set in, 33 c in the shade and really dry. The flies though drive you insane, cant detect without a face net on, get in your eyes, up your nose and in your mouth if you keep it open long enough. :lol: Still cant nail any better bits there but who cares, its all good! 14 pieces for 2.8 g.

post-66415-0-70934700-1385531604_thumb.j