Pinpointer

Chris, I have a Minelab. Would like to compare it side by side w/ a Garrett. My issue w/ it, I'm gitt'n on in age and can't hardly hear it or feel the vibration.

I have a Coiltek 1" w/ switch, I got many years ago from Doc; the cord's a pain in butt, but does work. It's usually in box on Quad.

As per Kyles comment; last trip to Q, was using big coil and had a deep target. The pinpointer helped find that 5 oz specimen. (Specific gravity test shows only 2.25 oz) but it worked!

Shep

• Admin

Hey Chris,

The Garrett seems to be the most popular right now. I sell the DetectorPro Pistol Probe (which I used the most), Minelab Pro-Find 25, Garrett Pinpointer and the Coiltek 1-inch Probes that work on the Minelab detectors. They all work well, the first three are hand-held probes, the Coiltek ones has to be plugged into your detector. I think the Coiltek ones gets the most depth, as you're using your Pulse Induction metal detector and a true 1-inch coil, but not as easy to use as a hand-held one that can packed a bit easier.

I have all of them if you're in the market.

Talk with you later,

Chris, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer and have used it for the past two years. I like it better that the Fisher Pin pointer that I have used. The Garrett has a loud beeping that gets faster as you get closer to the target and it also vibrates the same way, getting harder and faster the closer it gets to the target.

Also this past Oct. while in Az it just stopped working right. It would sound off for no reason. I sent it to Garrett and the replaced it. No questions asked.

As for working on gold I know it will pick up a .4 gm nugget burried 1-2".

Bill

Roo. Yes it does. It doesnt matter if the pin pointer is on or off or if it is in its holster.. I did read an article and watch a short video though where the pinpointer can be shielded with Aluminum Foil. Sounds crazy but it did work to a point. The Detector would not smooth out at all until the foil was wrapped around the pin pointer. The detector still picked up the foil but not when held away from the detector what looked like about 24" or so and the detector was not affected at all when the foil wrapped pin pointer was in the mans belt holster.

Bill