Nugget Hunting Locations

I know this doesn't happen too often, but would anyone out there be willing to turn me on to a location in or near Prescott that may turn up a nug or two? I have to travel there to pick up some wheels and tires in a couple of days and would like to bring my gold bug 2 with me. I will be taking the 40 to the 89 south, so anything within 30 miles of that route would be great. I don't know much at all about the area so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Admin

Hey Chris,

I know the forums are a bit slow now, especially mine during the warmer seasons. I seen on a few other forums that Lynx Creek was mentioned. This would be one of the easiest places to hunt and right in the heart of the City of Prescott. There are a lot of places not far, but all of them require a bit more driving off road. Lynx Creek has produced some very nice nugget gold from prospectors crevicing, panning and metal detecting the shallower bedrock regions. It's also a place that has been worked for the last 150+ years, so get ready to dig or at least year a lot of targets (iron rubbish and lead).

Wishing you much success!!

Thanks Rob. I'm not even sure if I will go now that I have heard the news of my dear friends death last night. This is the young man that I sold my GPX to help with his young girls. Heartache sucks big time.