Lynx camp out

Hey all:
Welp, got up to Lynx lake area on Fri morning, set up camp, did some detecting, found some old bullets/miners stuff and just basically junk. Its a hard area. There is gold in there, but your gonna work for it!
Did a little crevising and found a few flakes. Cleaned up the camp site, sat down for a few cold ones with Arctic Dave and proceeded to relax. Well..........Then the gang bangers moved in and decided that everyone likes their kind of music.....after about a half hour of that crap I had a "short" talk with them asking them to turn it off with them telling me there are no rules up here... and realized I left my BAR and 50 cal. at home so we just decided to move out.

Went back up to the top and found #1 campspot was open.
Its the cats meow! Nice and quite. Couple of cars from walker road, but not crowded and peaceful.

That was the ugly.

Now for the good :)
Hit some spots on the west side of walker road. Found some really nice trash
Really old bullets, all white with corrosion. A live 22 that's been in the ground so long it was corroded through the casing, and some kind of red rock with carving on it. Looks like a piece of steak! :) Don't taste good though. At least I got into some washes that have not been hit in a long time.

Did a lot of relaxing this weekend. We don't expect much out of this area...just a place to go and cool off and relax.

Cool looking split pine trees all around.

Met up with Artic Dave, Luke/Mike/Adam (Ahorton) and a guy from Paulden that showed us some really nice gold hes found this year

After a feast of Pork bulgogi, Kimchee, and bean sprouts we lit the fire and enjoyed the night.

My hunting partner AKA Dad...was kind of stuck in his lounger :)

The elevation change does have a effect on you...little harder to hunt up there

Did some exploring on Sun, looked at Smelter hill and went up around potato patch then headed back home.

It was a great time out in the cool weather. Bout 85 for a high up there and 105 down in the valley EWWWW
Tom H.

Sounds like you guys had a great time minus them flat hat wearing gang bangers, what's up with that flat brim on there hats anyway, I guess that's what happens with multiple baby momma's and no father figure I guess.

I saw you on Lynx lake rd and wanted to say hi but I was rolling in the wife's mini van and wasn't sure I could make it to your camp site and was kinda to embarrass to stop by in the family truckster anyway to hang out.