Sent to me by a friend!

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE THAN THE "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies [which now are one], EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach litterally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more [30x10=3D 3,000]...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Bob T.

Bob,

I like it.

I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna do it right now.

Then we can use that tactic to make to government work too.

Then we'd own the country again.

Thanks for passing along the idea.

I have cut and pasted your wording into a document,

to use to paste into my e-mail(s).

Hope that's ok (it doesn't include your name, just the wording)

regards,

Thanks Flack,

Hope everyone does it. I have.

Nothing against their gas, just their price.

Did you know that just a few weeks ago, they posted the highest earnings in history.

In the billions......Outrageous.

If I knew how to pull the article off, in its entirety and post it on all the forums without retyping it, I would do that.

Bob T.

Colorado Bob,

Have you tried;

1. highlight the part of the article you want,

2. "copy" it,

3. open a new blank (something like) Microsoft word document,

and "paste" it into the blank document?

Then you'd have a copy

ready to cut and paste, or send as an enclosure to anyone you wanted to.

just a thought...

regards,