1st time poster here.

Hi to all! Well I been lurking here for a little while and decided to join in all the fun you guys seem to have.

I been detecting in town for over three years now and decided to swing in a different direction when I couldnt say "no" to a sweet deal for a used Lobo ST. I'm a nuggrt hunter now.

I was reading some of the older posts on the forum about the Lobo and had to laugh while reading all your replies to folks who just picked up a used detector wanting to know how to GB there machines. I remember when I purchased a used Toltec 100. It had the 10 turn GB knob and I could not get it GB properly no matter how hard I pumped it and turned that dial. I had a pal read the directions directly from tha manual aloud while tring to get it GB. Still I couldn't get it to GB. I just left the GB Knob in the center of the dial range and called it good at that.

Then I learned that Tesoro had a video on thier site I could DL about GBing and after watching that I went right outside with my Toltec and BINGO! Perfect GB. I had to see it before I could do it.

Anyway with my new Lobo ST I don't have to worry about that.

And living on the southern part of Placer County I have a pretty good chance at finding a nugget or two I think. So Im off to the library for a little research and who knows? Maybe I'll bump into some of folks out there.

See Ya!

Corben

Hi to all! Well I been lurking here for a little while and decided to join in all the fun you guys seem to have.

I been detecting in town for over three years now and decided to swing in a different direction when I couldnt say "no"  to a sweet deal for a used Lobo ST. I'm a nuggrt hunter now.

I was reading some of the older posts on the forum about the Lobo and had to laugh while reading all your replies to folks who just picked up a used detector wanting to know how to GB there machines. I remember when I  purchased a used Toltec 100. It had the 10 turn GB knob and I could not get it GB properly no matter how hard I pumped it and turned that dial. I had a pal read the directions directly from tha manual aloud while tring to get it GB. Still I couldn't get it to GB. I just left the GB Knob in the center of the dial range and called it good at that.

Then I learned that Tesoro had a video on thier site I could DL about GBing  and after watching that I went right outside with my Toltec and BINGO! Perfect GB. I had to see it before I could do it.

Anyway with my new Lobo ST I don't have to worry about that.

And living on the southern part of Placer County I have a pretty good chance at finding a nugget or two I think. So Im off to the library for a little research and who knows? Maybe I'll bump into some of folks out there.

See Ya!

Corben

Welcome aboard Corben. Happy hunting to ya and we are all looking forward to seeing your first nugget.

Bob

Welcome Corben

I am looking forward for some great stories and pictures. :D

Where you are should be a great place for nuggets providing Grubsteak didn't beat you there first with his Platypus! :(

Grubsteak, Rob, Lamar and others ( I could go on and on) are a great resource of information, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck!