Vacation in Virginia

Good evening everyone. Now I know this is a mining forum, but I just throught that I would share a few nugget's that I was able to enjoy while on vacation in Virginia. The nuggets are called grandkids :D and 1 big nugget called a Hardtail. I hope you enjoy this little side trip down the Prospector's trail. Our grandkids have never been fishing and they got a pond 2 blocks away. So both grandpa's got together and took them fishing. There is one picture of myself, reflecting and relaxing :rolleyes: .

Bob

Bob,

Cool pics from Virginia......ya gonna have that fish stuffed & mounted?Nice wheels hes got there and the kids are lookin like they are havin a blast.

I know ya havent had the chance to ever dredge....but if ya like fishing....ya gotta at least try putting on a mask&snorkel and hang out with the fish for a lil while in the rivers & streams...This will tell ya where they prefer to hang out.

A 12 pound rainbow that lives upstream from one of my dredge spots is always there year after year....maybe I should get a smoker.....hhhhmmm.

BIGFOOT

post-774-1150986292_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Cool pics from Virginia......ya gonna have that fish stuffed & mounted?Nice wheels hes got there and the kids are lookin like they are havin a blast.

I know ya havent had the chance to ever dredge....but if ya like fishing....ya gotta at least try putting on a mask&snorkel and hang out with the fish for a lil while in the rivers & streams...This will tell ya where they prefer to hang out.

A 12 pound rainbow that lives upstream from one of my dredge spots is always there year after year....maybe I should get a smoker.....hhhhmmm.

BIGFOOT

Bigfoot,

I wanted to stuff him, but my grandkids made me put him back. They said I had to give him a chance to grow up. The kids did have blast and I guess they went fishing all the next week too with there other grandfather. The wheels were sweet. We had the chance to visit with the owner for a while, went all thru the shop and saw all the bikes the have built for the show Southern Iron. All in all we had a lot of fun, time ran out to soon, but thats life. Maybe next year we can hook up for a wee or 2 and do some dredging?

Bob

Good on you for taking a trip back to see the grandkids. Great pics and thanks for the post. Great to share some of our side adventures. When I first saw the pics of you I had to look twice. When you're all cleaned up, you almost look respectable :o

mick

Good on you for taking a trip back to see the grandkids.  Great pics and thanks for the post.  Great to share some of our side adventures.  When I first saw the pics of you I had to look twice.  When you're all cleaned up, you almost look respectable  :o

mick

Shoot Mick, now I'm scared. Actually I was tired of the hair and beard. My hair when braided and cut measured 33 inches. My beard, tyed off with rubber bands measured 18 inches. I guess I was due for a change. Either that or let the bee's nest in it.

Bob

Shoot Mick, now I'm scared. Actually I was tired of the hair and beard. My hair when braided and cut measured 33 inches. My beard, tyed off with rubber bands measured 18 inches. I guess I was due for a change. Either that or let the bee's nest in it.

Bob

I said "almost" :lol:

That's some pretty country back there. I liked the pics of the houses and all the trees look pretty cool. For those of us who grew up west of the rockies, a forest usually consists of 1 or 2 kinds of trees. Back there, it's mix of everything. A maple, next to a walnut, next to a cherry and so forth. I love that. Have a safe trip.

mick

I said "almost" :lol:

That's some pretty country back there.  I liked the pics of the houses and all the trees look pretty cool.  For those of us who grew up west of the rockies, a forest usually consists of 1 or 2 kinds of trees.  Back there, it's mix of everything.  A maple, next to a walnut, next to a cherry and so forth.  I love that.  Have a safe trip.

mick

Your so right about the trees. We shot alot of video as well as digital stills. If your interested in some more shoots PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you some more to look at. I just didn't want to tye up Rob's board with vacation pictures. I was able to teach my granddaughter how to use her Bounty Hunter that she got for christmas. Problem being there is relics. Seems the state wants them.

Bob

Guest keninla
Hammer,

LOL!

29Bob,

Looks like if you go out to the Dale during the day this week,

you'll catch fire when you get out of the truck.

It looks like it is going to be molten.

I miss the place though, it's beautiful and haunting.

Flak,

I was out there in May when it was a nice cool 101. Too dang hot for me to be walking around. My next trip won't be until it cools off a little.

Ken

Flak,

I was out there in May when it was a nice cool 101. Too dang hot for me to be walking around. My next trip won't be until it cools off a little.

Ken

Hammer,

Didn't burn the hair but my wife washed out in a basin first :angry: . She kept the finds too.

Flak,

Your right about the heat issue. Got up yesterday at 9am, went out to make a pot coffee, looked out on the patio and the temp was 101 degrees. I said screw it I'm staying inside today. Its rough, I can't find anybody thats wants to go prospecting even at nite :huh: .

Ken,

If I was you I would plan on the end of Sept. But call first. I've seen the temp. in the 100rds in Sept. and and Oct. :(

Bob B)

maybe it's the beer...

I worked all day yesterday and the day before, on asphalt, painting fences. i sprayed about 80 gallons of paint yesterday and about 65 the day before. Have to wear a glove for the spray gun, as the paint boils in the hose, and it gets right hot after picking up heat during the trip through the spray hose laying on the pavement. It kind of dries fast, but any decent paint job requires at least 2 or 3 coats.

Yesterday was only 116, and the day before, 114. I didn't think it was so bad. I haven't yet turned on the a/c in my truck. Either at work or coming or going to work. windows rolled down.

maybe others with the a/c on is contributing to global warming- push that one onto the environmentalists and make them turn theirs off for the summer duration- ha ha ha. see how comfortable they be driving around in their vehicle, on a cell phone, with the windows rolled down. Only right they do their part and practice what they preach to everyone else.

I kind of like the heat.

Is that nuts or what?

Besides, it seemed hotter at 99 with a little humidity.