Searching the Forum Database

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks to Rod's help @ Arizona Gold Prospectors Forum I was able to change the forums configuration so users can now go back 70+ pages and look through all the old posts.

The old way new users could only scan back 3 pages (maybe a month worth of posts), but now you can really dig through the forums. :D

Just thought some might want to look through some old stuff.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dear Gold Guru:

Thanks Rod, you're the man! If it's an archive then that means INFORMATION to me and all info is good IMHO. Again, thanks for taking your time to improve the website.

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Lamar and all,

It's nice to have good friends that more knowledge than myself about these PHP forums. Rod has always been a great help in the past if I needed assistance. Nice that we can now view 74 pages worth of information if you're brave enough to read all the old posts! ;)

Hope everything is well on your end Lamar. You now have to deadly Minelab detectors.

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

The more I learn about the SD2100 the more I appreciate both the SD2100 and the GP3000 for what they are. If I want to work a new area that hasn't seen any prior activity before I grab the SD2100, and then go back over the ground with the GP3K if there was any color found. The SD2100 is a fine machine but it can't seem to touch the sensitivity of the GP series for the small stuff, and as we all learn very quickly, there is a lot more small stuff than there is big stuff.

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Lamar,

You are correct on the abilities of the GP series to find much smaller gold over the SD's. The GP's will find smaller gold than the SD series, but will also find smaller gold at depth over the SD's. However, both of these machines in combination you won't miss much of anything!

The SD2100 has some great mineral immunity and in very iron rich environments this might give the edge to the SD over the GP. You can also run the bad boy in Channel 1 position.

Keep us updated on your success.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

Yes, the SD2100 can handle the hot stuff really well, but I've also discovered that I can find tiny species in shallow or exposed bedrock with my SD2100 using the Joey mono coil and the channel switch in 2. With the GP3K all I do is set the SENSITIVY swith to SENSITIVE and use the Joey DD Pro and it works the same way, except the threshold is better and I don't need to mess with the settings nearly as much. Overall, the GP series seems to be better at the small stuff but I also feel that the SD series is better at depth in the hotter soils with a mono coil than the GP series. The SD2100 definitely requires more patience and concentration than the GP series, but now that I've figured it out I am starting to like the SD2100 more and more. Used in combination with each other, they really are a deadly duo! BTW, I am able to get 10 solid hours of detecting out a single Coiltek Pocket Rocket battery with my SD2100 and the 11" CTK mono coil. Another oddity that I've noticed when using the SD2100 with the Coiltek Pocket ROcket system, I need to turn the detectors' POWER switch to ON first, then place the Pocket Rocket switch in SD. If I do it the other way around, everything shuts down and then I need to change batteries. With my GP3K it doesn't seem to matter if the Pocket Rocket switch is in GP before the POWER switch on the detector is placed in the ON position or not.

Your friend;

LAMAR