"3-DAY VACATION, LABOR DAY HOLIDAY"

• Admin

Hello All,

I know many are probably out of town right now, but for the ones that will be traveling around tomorrow I just want to wish you a very safe Labor Day. I know here in Arizona there are always major fatality accidents on Labor Day, many of them from people trying to rush home from the high country. I just wanted to wish you all a very safe Holiday. Drive safe and have fun! :D

Here is a small article about "What is Labor Day" for anyone that don't know about it.

The History of Labor Day

Labor Day: How it Came About; What it Means

"Labor Day differs in every essential way from the other holidays of the year in any country," said Samuel Gompers, founder and longtime president of the American Federation of Labor. "All other holidays are in a more or less degree connected with conflicts and battles of man's prowess over man, of strife and discord for greed and power, of glories achieved by one nation over another. Labor Day...is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race, or nation."

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks for posting Rob.

I am working on the Fire Engine this weekend and we roll on ALL calls: Fires, Hazmat, drownings, missing persons, traffic accidents and everything else.

It has been a quiet weekend for us so far, with one large fire buring about 30 miles away, that one of our engines went to, no accidents so far.

Remember to drive safe and have a great weekend.

Alan

• Admin

Hello All,

Well hopefully everyone made it back home safe. Been away from the personal PC for a few days, so if you tried to contact me through email or phone I will get back with you this evening. Spent Labor Day quad riding around Mingus Mountain. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison