"TODAY ON THE 24K CLUB CLAIMS"

• Admin

Hello All,

Today I had to meet with the rest of the 24K Board to inspect the pushes. It was pretty much my job to walk all the pushes to make sure they haven't been tampered with (no detector digs). I must say there wasn't a single footprint or dig in any of the pushes! ;) Larry and Mark, which are both part of club security are doing an outstanding job watching the claims until opening day (Oct. 14th).

During one of the walks, Jim W., head of security seen a nugget lying on the surface of one of the pushes. He said if he had to guess the nugget weighed about 1/2 ounce~! :o

The pushes are very well done Thanks to the Dozer Man John. He has been working on the pushes for about two weeks solid and is now working the second to last push. The last push will be the easiest to move since there are very few boulders in that spot. You're going to be surprised when you see all the spots that have been opened up by the dozer.

Later in the day Leaverite, Ralph Bond and I did some detecting around the Roadrunner Claims. I found (3) nuggets, Leaverite found (2), but Ralph was unable to score this time.

Pictures:

(1) Part of the Board for the 24K (from left to right), Larry, Elly, Me & Jim.

(2) View of one of the dozer pushes

(3) View of another dozer push

(4) First nugget I found today using the GP3500 and the outstanding Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono

(5) Nuggets Leaverite and I found today. Three on the left are mine the two on the right are his.

Hope to see you all at the push next Saturday.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Rex,

Are you going to be at the 24K "Super Push" outing? At our last board meeting there was 143 active members, but what I heard yesterday on the claims there is almost 200 now! :o I'm sure there will be a good 100-150 members on the claims this weekend hoping for a nugget out of the pushes. Going to be fun watching all these guys hunt with various detectors, but I'm sure someone will find a very nice nugget. Nuggets over a pound have been found in this area, and multi-ouncer were common at one time.

People are still asking me to bring misc. accessories to the push. However, you must get a hold of me before Tuesday to make sure I have the item(s) in stock to bring. Thanks! :D

Rob Allison

Rob,

I'm afraid I'm not, I'm only wishing I was there. I do look forward to hearing some of the results of everyone's search over the next few months as they scrape off the feet. I will be going to NV this weekend and will be sure to let everyone know if I can somehow elude the skunk that's been so enamored with me as of late. :lol:;)

Yo Rob...What's the status at the push on using Minelabs vs. VLF's? ... I thought that I'd read someplace that VLF's were going to be in on the pushes first and then later for ML's. Do you know the answer? Look forward to seeing you and everyone there Saturday.

cheers, Ron

PS. I'll be bringing some RH club claims custom maps with me to the hunt if I can get my printer up and running again....

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

You can pretty much use whatever detector you like in the pushes. However, I can bet there will be a good 100 or more Minelab PI's, so I doubt anyone will tempt using one right away with all the interference. I done some experimenting last weekend with some coils and it's pretty much worthless. I'm sure the majority will just start with VLF's and then when the pushes clear out (probably wont the entire weekend) guys will jump in with the big PI's.

We're currently working on having a board member act as a push moderator at each push. This will allow everyone to get up there, get established and start hunting all at the same time.

More to come before the end of the week ...

Rob Allison