Coolgardie Gold from 6-1-07

Hey Everyone,

In order to beat the heat, I left my home at 5:00 AM in order to be at our claim by 7:00 AM. When I arrived at my favorite Coolgardie, CA digging spot, I decided to move up stream from the wash about 30 yards. After drywashing for about 5 hours, the heat was getting to me, so I decided to pack it up and head home to Corona. All total 1.26 grams of fine gold. No nuggets this time, but I'm still happy....the fine stuff adds up after a while :D

post-753-1180823573_thumb.jpg

Hey Everyone,

In order to beat the heat, I left my home at 5:00 AM in order to be at our claim by 7:00 AM. When I arrived at my favorite Coolgardie, CA digging spot, I decided to move up stream from the wash about 30 yards. After drywashing for about 5 hours, the heat was getting to me, so I decided to pack it up and head home to Corona. All total 1.26 grams of fine gold. No nuggets this time, but I'm still happy....the fine stuff adds up after a while :D

would i be right in assuming that alot of this gold would be missed by a metal detector?

goforgold...

Very impressive. Good for you... To drive from Corona to the goldfields of

Coolgardie is good time... My ol' truck now rattles and clangs... worse it guzzles

gas. I believe the gas gauge moves faster all of the time. It took $104.55

to fill my tanks just the other day.

nice looking stuff! a little more digging.... well many wouldn't stop until they keeled over, just thinking about all the riches laying there waiting, hidden in the ground.

why a guy could really bolster his retirement... what if somebody else gets there before I get back? I found a good place but can't be there all the time....

Have good laugh, because no matter how much dirt one digs, there's always more just beyond where the hole stops. Or, if you're like me, the best stuff is picked up by someone else, after I left, and it would have only been another 2 inches....

2 inches of pick and shovel can be murder. I thought about getting me an electric jackhammer but lugging the dnag thing wuld be almost as much work (plus a generator) as swinging a pick, though the upside is, it could punch caliche, hardpan, and no chips of rock flying off some boulderette at light-speed would be knocking you in the head or hands.

as for zippoz, if you want to get stuff like this with a metal detctor (my gold bug 1 could get matchead sized chips), it all depends on how you tune (fine-tune) your detector, what kind of head phones you're using, whether or not a depth multiplier (sound amplifier) works on your rig, and how good you are at recognizing these little dinks for what they are (as most dirty ones look like any other dirt, and not gold). To practice, get some BB lead shot and go to work in the backyard. (You may have to get some larger shot and work downward).

If you notice there's only like 50 good sized pieces or so in the pan, so that would be 50 times you'd have to kneel down and sift (most likely hand sift) through the dirt....

Nah! easier with a pick and shovel and a drywasher set at the right angle and speed. By the way, drywashers also get bigger nuggets, limited only by the sized screen of the grizzly. In essence, shovel everything into the drywasher at least twice, sometime 3x, and check the rock piles by raking off a 2 inch layer each time, after your through working and have moved the drywasher. As setup of teh drywasher rig is a tedious and painstaking process, don't move it out of the way until you are through working the spot. An alternative would be to wheelbarrow the rocks away to another spot and check them there, and check the fines pile after you finish up your outing (yep, the fines, as some nuggets can roll right through and out, and they look like any other dirt until you get some water on them).

CoolGardie. I love it. a little far to drive but lots of good gold like gofor got. GoForGold out to think about working at night. set up during the day, get the dirt ready, gas in the lanterns