"NOT NEARLY AN OUNCE, BUT MORE NUGGETS TODAY"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I decided to head out early this morning for some more nuggethunting. We decided to explore around the new area we found. After about 3-4 hours we found a total of (12) gold nuggets. The total weight for all twelve was just under 1/4 ounce.

All the nuggets were found with the Minelab GPX-4000's and Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoils. :D

Not a bad weekend for nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dang Rob, you just don't give up do you [making me feel bad, that is].

Another doz. today, man thats good.

I haven't been out for over a week now, with the honey-dooos and heat. It was around 113 today. When I get back in some of those canyons and not breath of air stirring, it feels like it's 200.

Done fair, number wise, a couple weeks ago. Fifteen, now thats for a week, not a day like some people I know. All fairly small so the weight kind of sucks. A little less than 3 Dwt.. :blink::unsure:;)

I like to think like Mel Fisher......TODAY IS THE DAY.......he used to say that about every time he went out on a quest, and one day it was, THE DAY.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello All,

Well my partner Glenn just left for Moore Creek this morning, but we discussed what was found in this area so far. We have located 52 nuggets from this area and right at 3 ounces of weight. Not a bad hit for Summer prospecting. More nuggets will be found in the general area, I'm pretty positive of that. However, we are going to give up on this spot for awhile and hit some high country areas until it cools off again.

Colorado Bob - Yep, know all about that dreaded heat. This is one reason we are calling it quits on this spot and going to hit the higher country for a bit. Man, can only imagine how hot the Quartzsite region is right now. That is Winter hunting for me ... :mellow:

Looking forward to the upcoming 24K pushes. You going to make it back over there this Winter season?

O'29 - Haven't heard much from you lately. Hope everything is well in the Dale District. Keep in touch with us, always enjoyed your stories.

Bandana Don - Strange this area hasn't produced much under 1/4 Dwt. Most of the stuff is 1/2 Dwt and better. Not complaining, I would rather find some more sizeable stuff. Have 1000's of those dinky doo's from the Bradshaw's.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Leaverite and I decided to head out early this morning for some more nuggethunting. We decided to explore around the new area we found. After about 3-4 hours we found a total of (12) gold nuggets. The total weight for all twelve was just under 1/4 ounce.

All the nuggets were found with the Minelab GPX-4000's and Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoils. :D

Not a bad weekend for nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Absolutely great!!

Well I am done being on-call as of tomorrow......time to go dig some holes and crack bedrock.

You got me pumped and ready to go

Rob,

I guess I'm getting old. This has been a hot summer over this way. So far they have broke 5 heat records. Decided to lay low til Mid-Sept. The last time out, I took a couple from South Carolina out to an old area I've work before and they got over some gold. Sure made my day and theirs. I'll start up here again soon. Just can't seem to take the heat like I use to.

O'29er

Hey Rob,

Long time since I've been on the greatest Au site on the web, matter of fact been a loooong time since I've done any real beeping! Glad to see that you are still knocking them dead. Those little ones nor the big ones can't hide from you & Glenn B) . Been busy doing minuteman stuff and helping to stop the invasion, I think I'm doing some good. Keep up the good work and I'd love to get to Az again before I stroke out from the illegal aliens and our sell us down the road politicians.. :blink:

Rob, What's going on - last I looked the GP3500 was the hot ticket now they got a GP 4000? :o Guess that's what happens when I don't pay attention - give me some info. on the GP 4000, might have to liquidate the "OLD" 3K <_<

Keep on Beeping - Frosty ;)

• Admin

Hello Guys,

O'29 - It's sure great to see others find that yellow stuff! :D Over the years conducting field instructions I've gotten a lot of people over their first Arizona gold nugget. You just can't describe the look and expression on their face when they see that yellow. :wacko:

Frosty - Damn, I wondered what happened to you ... :huh: Great to see you back on the forums. Glad to hear you're trying to help out down along the US/Mexican border. The GPX-4000 is the latest and greatest from Minelab now. Send me your mailing address through a PM here and I will send you some information. I have probably the hottest special going on the GPX-4000's right now. Hope to see you on the forums more often.

P.S. Glenn left for Moore Creek, Alaska yesterday morning. Be interesting to see what he turns up there.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello JW,

You just have to be happy when you're on a roll. I've yet to get skunked with the new GPX-4000, but know it will happen. Just keep trying to beat the skunk as long as I can. Beating up old patches I'm pretty confident I can always get a nugget, but prospecting is where you can get skunked days, weeks or months ...

If there are nuggets within range, that Coiltek Joey will find them. One of my most favorite coils for smaller, shallower gold or working tight areas.

Take care,

Rob Allison