Witch detector for nugget hunting in French Guiana

Hello everybody,

I am new in gold detection. I live in french guiana in south america. There is some good places here for nugget hunting. I have a 2" proline dredge that work fine but i'm looking to find more big gold with a detector. Actually i have a minelab musketeer advantage that working very well for relics but i would not try to find nuggets with it, i will certainly spent a lot of time for nothing. So, i'am looking to buy a real gold detector but i don't know if a good vfl such the XT1800 will work fine on local placers. Maybe i should think about a Minelab PI detector. Is someone here have some feedbacks on this kind of place very different than US deserts, i will be happy to read some advices.

Than you.

Richard

Edit : "Which detector for nugget..." i'm not looking for witches ! :D

Richard,

Your xt18000 is on it's way. Check your e-mail for the fedex tracking number. Did I mention I lived a couple years in France est que je parle française? I'll have to invite myself over sometime.

Rex

Hello Rex !

I've just saw your email with the tracking number, thank you ! :)

My wife will come with me for the yellow stuff hunt, first i have think to give her my musketeer and me the XT18000, but i think she will have strictly no chance to find anything except nail. It is a little unjust.

So, the XT18000 for her and a GPX4000 in my hands would be great and more equal...maybe :lol: !

Richard

Grubstake,

I never was served snails in France for some reason, I did have some on a cruise once though. They just tasted like garlic and butter.

Columbo973,

A GPX 4000 and a XT18000 would be a great combination, between those two I don't think very much gold would slip by you all. Voici, une oeuvre merveilleux est sur le point de se produire...

Grubstake,

I never was served snails in France for some reason, I did have some on a cruise once though. They just tasted like garlic and butter.

Columbo973,

A GPX 4000 and a XT18000 would be a great combination, between those two I don't think very much gold would slip by you all. Voici, une oeuvre merveilleux est sur le point de se produire...

Hello Rex,

I've just received the detector, the package was in perfect condition. I'll try it next during few days in a well know good spot. Before, i'll train with it in my garden.

Si je fais une belle récolte, j'irais passer mes vacances en Utah, tu pourras ainsi perfectionner ton français ^_^ !

Thank you again Rex !

Columbo973,

I just noticed while cleaning out some things that I did not send the charger with the detector. I am sending that out today and will get you a tracking number.

Rex

Hello Rex,

I've just received the detector, the package was in perfect condition. I'll try it next during few days in a well know good spot. Before, i'll train with it in my garden.

Si je fais une belle récolte, j'irais passer mes vacances en Utah, tu pourras ainsi perfectionner ton français ^_^ !

Thank you again Rex !

Columbo973,

I just noticed while cleaning out some things that I did not send the charger with the detector. I am sending that out today and will get you a tracking number.

Rex

Rex,

I have noticed this, but it doesn't matter because it's a 110v charger and here, i need a 220v one. I already have one from my old musketeer, it's the same. So do not worry about it.

Instead of the charger, i would be happy if you can send me the blue hipmount bag that is missing too :rolleyes: .

Colombo