Another Vulture Mtns Nugget

Yo All...Back in the Vutures again today to the patch I found Wednesday...Only got one target all afternoon which turned out to be this nice little 2.5 gram chunk, not so far from it's source... It was down a measured 11", found with the NF 14 E Mono on my ol' faithful sd2100... ...I'm working up a tiny wash and have started finding quartz float that is the same as the little bit of quartz in the nuggets...This is fun......And the patch is almost in my back yard, only 5 - 6 miles as the Vulture glides, but it took about 15 miles of washes and hiking trails and cross country humping to get there....Postin' a bunch of photos just because I can ...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Yo, Bob...This spot is miles west of that cactus...er, east, er, whichever way the northpole is from that cactus :lol::lol::lol: ...Got back out there today for the skunk patrol...It's really a pain to get to, takes a ton of time and hiking, but it's real purty out there...Cheers, Ron

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Was talking with Chris Karl this weekend and he mentioned that Angel had to talk with his other partner about the boulders. I guess the other partner actually wanted to add more boulders to make sure no one was getting around it.

The last time I talked with Angel about it, he mentioned if he let the WSPA club or anyone else access the area, someone would eventually tear something up!

If you're going to work the Windmill Patch, it's best to just part below the Windmill and hike to the patch or patches in the area.

Take care,

Rob Allison

I guess the main problem with the situation is that, I believe, he's put boulders up on federal land, not his private land, and second he's blocked off access to federal mining claims, depriving claimants of their access, which includes a couple of clubs...I know that he's had some vandalism problems, which sucks, but there's got to be a more legal and equitable solution to this situation...I don't know what it is... Maybe all us prospectors could form an "Angel's Patrol" and help him out???...Cheers, Unc