24K push report

• Admin

Hello Reno Chris,

Just another note, you might want to watch what you say on the Internet about dealers under dealers. This is a violation of the Minelab Dealership Agreement. A person can't be a dealer under another dealer, but can be a rep or agent of a authorized dealer. Also, these rep or agents can't have keep inventory or receive payment. Trust me, this is a big issue right now with Minelab USA and they are closely watching this since many dealers are abusing this policy!

I could have a handful of reps or agents working under me, and many have asked to do so. However, then I'm responsible for their actions and what they tell customers. If there is a problem with something, then I have to figure out what happened. Realistically, I can do the same amount of business myself, with very little advertisement as the bigger dealers with a handful of reps.

On another note, I did hear about a new Minelab dealer coming to Prescott Valley and opening up a storefront location. :huh:

Bunk - Great batch of nuggets you found there. The Coiltek 14-inch Mono and GPX-4000 is a great combo for smaller and larger nuggets at depth. One of my smallest nuggets was found with the 14-inch Saturday evening on one of the pushes.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Hey Uncle Ron,

Are you still a member of the 24k? Didn't see you out there this weekend?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob...Yes, I'm a LifeTime Member of 24K...Great club...I didn't make the opening because I'm working a couple new areas I discovered...On Sunday, Dodie & I took a very long drive through the desert on our ATVs just enjoying the absolutely perfect weather...Cheers, Unc

Rob - Thanks for clearing up the confusion - The guy I spoke with at Rye Patch and this fellow David really must be very similar in appearance - they have a striking similarity. However, that does happen once in a while.

Of course I understand that as an authorized dealer, complying with Minelab policies is very important. Since I am not affiliated with Minelab or any other detector maker, I am not bound to their policies, but on the other hand, I don’t want to cause any unnecessary confusion or trouble, either. I understand the difference between being an authorized dealer yourself and being an agent / representative / dealer for an authorized dealer. However, as far as the difference in terminology between being a dealer under another dealer, as opposed to being a representative or agent on behalf of an authorized dealer, to buyers and consumers like myself, this is really splitting hairs and arguing semantics. There is very little difference to me. As I don’t wish to be the possible source of any issues or disputes, I wont discuss further anything the guy may or may not have said to me.

It does confuse me that representatives cannot receive payment. Does that mean that if I go into DOC's shop and he is gone for the afternoon, and I buy a minelab product from one of the gals that work for him, that technically this is a violation of Minelab policy as they receive my payment as an agent on his behalf, but only DOC is actually an authorized dealer? (the same thing could happen at the store here in Reno) That just doesn’t seem right....

Chris

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to clarify that the folks Reno Chris mentioned, Jerry & Terry Dodd of Gold Nugget Mining Supply, are not selling Minelab through AZO. As far as I know, they have their own dealership. They do, however, sell Nugget Finder Coils and other AZO accessories. Hope this clears it up...Happy Hunting.

Chris, I actually think Gerry & Teri's friend Gene looks more like the David that found the 1/2 ouncer than Gerry does. I met Gene, Gerry and Teri at Rye Patch and then met David and Dawn a week or 10 days ago at Stanton. I thought they looked very similar but as soon as David spoke I knew he was a different person.

*Speaking of Rye Patch, Sabra Jim came to Rich Hill from up that way and brought the flu along with him. He came down with it a day or so after he got here. Fortunately for him, he recovered by the day the pushes opened. Unfortunately for me, he was camped next to me and Nugget and I came down with it Sunday morning. I was out on the pushes with all the traffic and machine crosstalk on Saturday and started getting weak on Sunday morning. I have been in the RV since then.

It has been a long time since I had the flu and it hasn't been fun. I urge everyone to get a flu shot if you haven't had one and be real careful around those who aren't self contained.

We just got back from the pushes yesterday with my repaired Durango running like a top. Unfortunately, we had a little incident with a boulder that pushed the radiator off it's mounts and into the fan on Friday afternoon as we were heading to the Congress planted nugget hunt. Thanks so much to all that stopped to help us as we were stranded at Decision Corner trying to figure out the problem for about 1/2 an hour. We managed to limp back to Stanton without any engine damage and flat bedded the truck to Wickenburg on Monday AM. Special thanks to Rob A, Rick and Bob Dansie who kindly provided us rides throughout the weekend to the pushes. Elly gave us a ride to Wickenburg to pick up the truck on Monday afternoon and we had a wonderful dinner with her. She has some great stories!! Final nugget tally for us was the single .4 gram nugget for me and a nice specimen piece for my buddy Willi. This is my 6th trip to "the hill" and unlike some other friends, I have not been skunked yet!

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Reno Chris - No biggie on the confusion. I'm sure both the guys looks similar in appearance. As for the Minelab stuff, Minelab USA is watching very closely on the rep/agent deal per my conversation with someone at Minelab in Nevada.

Impactco & Willie - Great meeting you both. I felt so bad when everyone was just driving past you when your radiator went down. Congrats to you both for finding a nugget/specimen. Thank you both for the business. Hope to see you both back down here soon.

Dakota Slim - Any recent updated on the claims? Has Jim French had any luck? Tell him I will be back out there this weekend with a couple new GPX-4000 customers.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob, and Reno Chris. Chris Makes every effort to comply with Minelabs dealer guidelines. Checks are made to AZO and credit card and debit card sales go directly to his AZO account. My position with him is feild rep/ feild training. He compensates me for time spent on training and delivering detectors to people who request my services. I have no desire to be a "dealer" and maintain a website and inventory, so this arrangement works out fine for both of us. It is simply a matter of Chris trying to give customers as much help as possible in getting started which is encouraged by Minelab USA. It just came to a point where he couldn't do it all himself. Bill S. functioned in this capacity for a short time until he got his own dealership. As both Bill and Rob know, it can be difficult to juggle time for feild training, but as responsible Minelab dealers they make sure it gets done when the customer can come to the area. I don't think Chris has any plans to establish any sort of network of "subdealers" as far as detector sales goes. He does however have many dealers for his other products.---Bob

• Admin

Hello Montana,

I know Chris complies with the Minelab rules, we both have talked about the problems over the phone many times. However, there are some dealers out there that are breaking the rules! These are the ones I have problems with. Most of the time they talk a big game, but don't last more than a season or so.

I've never said anything about you being a rep for AZO. I know you share the same passion Chris and I both have for this hobby. Chris and I started out finding nuggets together, it's a shame it all had to come to a halt.

There are times when I wish I could take back things I've done. There are times when I wish I could take back what I've said. There are times when I wish I could be finding nuggets with my cousin.

On another note, I heard a new Minelab dealers is opening shop in Prescott Valley? Know anything about it?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello impactco,

Good to hear both you and Willie got home safe. I'm just glad you broke down where you did. There was plenty of traffic to help out.

Congrats on keeping the skunk away at Rich Hill. It's getting much tougher to find gold nuggets at Rich Hill.

Hope to see you back soon,

Rob Allison