A bit of nice California Gold

Well, I'm back from my little prospecting trip to CA. An elm tree fell on my trailer the night before I was supposed to leave. I needed big time chainsaw work to free it and get the elm tree out of my driveway before I could pull it out and leave. Weather was cloudy and drizzly first two days and sunny the last two. No real big amounts of gold, but I did get one real nice one at 8.4 dwt. The total weight is 10.1 dwt, or just a hair over half an ounce. A nice addition to the collection. This was probably the last weekend trip of 2007 - weather is getting cold, snow will be coming.

The big piece is a slab of pretty much solid gold covered with heavy stains of iron oxides and manganese oxides (black). I've had a couple pieces from this location that come out of the ground with no gold showing at all, including this one. You can feel how heavy it is, and I put it against the high power magnet on my pick and saw it was completely non magnetic - I knew it was not iron, but gold. after a bit of washing with water, you could see some metallic gold. After a light cleaning with a tooth brush, you could see it was a solid slab.

Nice to be back home - here's a photo:

Chris

post-9-1192473428_thumb.jpg

Chris... nice gold... Sorry about the tree... If you are able to use the wood

in your fireplace, all is not lost... (making lemonade from lemons).

Primm?... if the AMDA has a hunt... most likely... that is if I'm still able...

But ya' never know (GRIN). However... If there is an AMDA hunt(s) at Primm...

they will be before the Goldshow.

So Chris... Plan on entering one... But be careful... they can be addictive.

Now Ken (kcoulson)... I guess I need to brave the freeway and attend one of the PCSC

monthly hunts...