"Input on 24 Karat Gold Hunters Club"

• Admin

Hello All,

This coming Thursday evening the 24 Karat Gold Hunters Club will be holding it's first Board Meeting for the 2007 season. This meeting is strictly for Board Members and Club Security only. However, I'm asking any member that has a question or concern to bring it to my attention so I can address it in front of the Board Meeting.

I'm going to get the next push date, some clarification on coil sizes and times they can be used, along with information about possible new push sites. Some members have mentioned that several of the push sites seem to be dead, and new ones should be considered.

You can email me or PM me through the forum if you would like me to bring a question(s) to the board.

The 24K Gold Hunters Club is probably the best club in the States for nuggetshooting. Last year there was over 500 gold nuggets found. This year there has been a good 50 or so gold nuggets found.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Allison

I would say that 5 & 2 are pretty much worn out unless they are taken significantly deeper, say, 3' or more with the overburden being spread thin on the downhill...Also, there's some adjacent areas to the pushes that might be favorable...Finally, it's starting to look like folks need to be limited on each first push...i.e., 10 on # 2, 5 on #5, etc. (just random numbers in the example)...There's still a number of super dinks being found on the claims...Today I was out and saw three ok nuglets on push 1...There also were a half dozen or so rice grain size off #2 ..... Bottom line, until the members start to gripe I guess it's ok...I sense that we're not too far from that ... It's a tough thing to manage and my hat's off to Elly for doing a great job...Cheers, Unc

Hi guys, does "reclaim" mean that you have to put the dirt back? And would the next scrape be adjacent to the existing? If so, why not use the material from the next scrape to fill the previous scrape? Or is that already the plan? Man, I hope I someday get to actually step foot on Rich Hill...

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Elly asked me about the new coil and why it was causing so much more interference. The Platypus Mono is not sending out any more interference than any other coil its size. Maybe Trev @ Coiltek is not telling us something about this new coil! :huh: I'm having trouble keeping this new coil in stock and heard they are selling like hotcakes in Australia.

Oh, the guy complaining the most about the Platypus was the guy that found the largest gold nugget. Go figure .... :blink:

Rob Allison

Rob,

The new Platypus Mono is a sweet coil, very sensitive to small targets <_< . No whining here :P .............I had no issues being around others platypus's on the pushes.........The worst interferiance was from people running regular coils & maybe modified minelabs :blink: (same people as last year , even after coil restrictions) :blink: ,not the Platypus Mono's.....................You readjust your machine & or move in the opposite direction of the offender.......(or wait 3 or 4 hours after the push openning, and the ranks thin down and swing then).........Thats life in pushes, coin shoots, and all hunts :P;) ................wonderer :rolleyes:

Guest Mike C...

Well I've said this before and it works good on the pushes with lots of beepers going real close together at the same time--try vlf's---when I was in the 24k before thats all we could use on the pushes opening day and sure there was a little cross talk but not like the PI's transmit-try it-----------Mike C... :ph34r:

• Admin

Hello Mike,

Actually, a lot of members do use VLF's on the pushes, but they get a lot of interference from the PI's. The club will never restrict pushes to just VLF's or PI's, any detector can be used on the pushes. I've limited the searchcoil size down to 11-inch or under to help with PI interference and to keep the PI's somewhat on the same playing field as the VLF's. Everyone has a shot at finding a nice nugget on the pushes.

The first two days are limited to just a 11-inch coil or under. The third day, normally Monday, you can use any size searchcoil.

Take care,

Rob Allison