24K Push Reports?

• Admin

Hello Dakota Slim,

About 40 members showed up there Saturday morning, most left after a couple hours of not finding anything. Leaverite and I hit it hard for a few hours on the pushes, then checked out some other spots. When I returned, Elly stated not a single nugget was found. Leaverite and I went back up for another hour and had the pushes to ourselves. :D However, we still didn't score a single nugget! :(

Friend went up today and heard no nuggets have been found.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Jim,

Good to hear from you. The Desert Special pushes don't seem to be very productive. Desert Special Claim 1 is down on bedrock now. The Desert Special Claim 2 holds good potential at much deeper depths. Desert Special 2 is in the alluvial fan coming from the Turkey Foot, but the claim is a bit to the right of the fan.

Good to hear someone found at least a small nugget.

Thanks for the update,

Rob Allison

HI ROB AND ALL

RRALPH JUST CALL SAID LITTLE DAVE FOUND TWO

HOLLYWOOD FOUND ONE

CHUCK FOUND ONE

ALL FOUND ON THE NEW 24K PUSH THAT OPENED SAT SOUNDS LIKE ITS STARTING TO PAY OFF

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOOD HUNTING

WISH I WAS THERE TO HUNT AND SEE YA ALL

JIM WADDILL

• Admin

Hello Jim,

Well it's great some more nuggets were found. A few guys have called and were a bit discouraged about the recent pushes. Knowing Rich Hill and the Alluvial they are pushing in, you will have good and bad zones or layers. Elly mentioned they had the smaller dozer doing the pushes, so I don't think the smaller dozer was capable of getting down very deep.

Hollywood recently purchased a new GPX-4000, so that must be his second nugget found with the new detector. Congrats to Hollywood! :)

A few other new GPX-4000 owners have joined the club, so wishing them the best of luck out there also.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Jim, how are you liking the cold MO winter?

Rob, I just made a post about the 24K on Bill's forum. I think you are right in that the lower Desert Special push has some great potential. Almost every push has been worthwhile. Some have obviously been better than others and I think that will continue to be the case. Very little was found on #4, for example, until all of a sudden several ounces were found. I got almost 2.5 ounces off that push this spring.

The bottom line is there are very few places one can hope to find large nuggets and Rich Hill is right up there in that category. I have no doubt there are 100's if not 1,000's of ounces left on that hill but it willtake a lot of digging or a dozer to get at it.

• Admin

Hello Slim,

Yep, there is great potential for a big nugget find, so I believe this is why most keep joining back up. Rich Hill in general was noted for very big gold nuggets ranging from smaller nuggets to many pounds in size. The Devil's Nest was one of several very rich areas on the Mountain. The famous Potato Patch drains down into the Devil Nest Claims.

You make a statement about "false bedrock." Not sure what claim you are referring to, but push 5 is down on bedrock and has been for several pushes. The blue-green colored bedrock is Schist, which is Metamorphic and is decomposed bedrock.

Desert Special claim 1 is also down on the same type of bedrock. This push has been unproductive, but Desert Special 2 hold good potential if you can get much deeper in the alluvial channel.

There are a few spots in the other pushes that have touched a bit of bedrock, but still can be pushed down deeper for more nuggets.

Last push there were more complaints about very little gold being found. It's normal to have a bad push or two, but if the pushes continue to produce very little, many will not re-join and the new memberships will start to drastically drop off.

Personally, I would like to see a few of the pushes closed and one or two new ones opened up in different spots.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison