Nuggets as big as a horseshoe

Guest goldstudmuffin

WE WENT OUT WHILE BACK AND ONE OF MY MEMBERS FOUND THE NEATEST LITTLE DONKEY SHOE . IT WAS ABOUT HALF THE SIZE OF A REGULAR MULE SHOE OR HORSE SHOE...SUCKER WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION AND STILL HAD THE DAMN NAILS IN IT!...SAME AREA LAST SUMMER I FOUND A SWEET 1838 NO STARS SEATED LIBERTY O DIME....I ABOUT FELL OVER WHEN I LOOKED IT UP AS IT WASS WORTH A NICE CHUNK OF CHANGE

GREAT FINDS MUFFIN...I LIKE TO FIND THINGS LIKE THAT AS MUCH AS GOLD. LIKE THE THE DIME I FOUND, YOU CAN DAMN NEAR INCVISION THE OLD PROSPECTER PULLIN HIS MULE ACROSS THE SPOT LOOKIN FOR GOLD.

• Admin

Hello Goldstudmuffin,

Congrats on the new finds! I'm still wondering who was hunting that Mountain Range first? Funny we never bumped into each other, but we were hunting opposite ends of the range.

Haven't posted any of my recent finds. Nothing real impressive, just a bunch of smaller nuggets up to 1.5 Dwt's in size. Glenn found a new spot with 4-5 handstack washes and has found about 20 nuggets and then another 9 nuggets from a different location. I really wanted to make it out there today with them, but had to do Honeydoo's around here. :(

Told you about the 2.5 ouncer from ...... though. ;) Keep that a secret please.

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin
Told you about the 2.5 ouncer from ...... though. ;) Keep that a secret please.

Rob Allison

Hi guys Thanks,

Hi Rob, Thanks!

What 2.5 ouncer? :rolleyes: I already forgot! :unsure:

I found a horseshoe brand tabacco emblen while detecting, it still has 3 little tabs on the backside that are bent over to fastened it to a leather tabacco pouch, I haven't seen one for years. Infact I think they are rarer than gold nuggets. The biggest nugget weights about a pennyweight.

Good luck in the new area with Glenn, I hope you guys do well.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

Ps Bob T. John B's patches are fair game!