Today's Short Hunt (Saturday)

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Leaverite and I headed out for a short hunt. Since I had to be back for tonight Hockey Game, we both decided to hit an old productive wash and its side creeks. Within 15 minutes of Leaverite dropping down into the main wash he hit a nice 10-12 grain gold nugget.

Later in the day I went up a side creek that was pretty rich at one time. However, it has been worked and re-worked over the last couple of years. The wash is loaded with extremly hot ironstones and fierce basalts! As I was working down the small wash I hit an overly hot, large ironstone. The signal just didn't sound right, so I moved the larger ironstone out of the way. Low and behold there was a nice target underneath. After scrapping a few more inches of material and reaching bedrock I seen the glint of gold. Pretty nice 1.5 Dwt nugget underneath the large ironstone.

Just goes to show those basalts and ironstones can mask nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Uncle Ron - Thanks! I know, Leaverite says I need to clean my nuggets also, but I like to take pictures of them right out of the ground.

AzNuggetBob - Yeppers! ;) If we get done hunting early I will give you a call and stop over and show you personally. I think you're going to love them.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison