Eureka Gold

Hi Guy's,

A friend of mine was talking to a person at MineLab, and was told that you get more performance out of the Eureka Gold detector if you ground balance all three frequencies :blink: Ml say's it makes it smother in hot ground. When using mine, I've only balanced the frequency I was searching in, and if the ground got to hot I moved on, if balance 3 frq. it supposed to help.

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello BigEd,

Yep, I've heard the same, but don't have an Eureka Gold anymore to give it a whirl. However, have heard that from several Eureka Gold users. Never hurts to experiment with the metal detectors to find out more about them.

Thanks for posting the tip! ;)

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Carlos,

The Minelab Eureka Gold is one of the best VLF metal detectors for gold in my opinion. One major reason is the fact it has 3-freqs, unlike other VLF's that operate on just one freq. It's probably one of the best choices if you're going to stay under $1,000.

I do offer some freebies for all metal detector purchases if you become interested in a Minelab metal detector.

If you can justify a bit more, I would suggest a Minelab PI to elliminate some of the frustrations of a VLF. You will experience more ground noise, more hot rocks and less depth than a PI.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Hi Carlos,

I've had the Eureka Gold, about 4 years, but last 2 yrs. been using GP3500. The Coiltec 15" WOT coil is great on the Eureka Gold :D I would agree with Rob, I have used Whites, Fisher Gold Bug and II, still have original gold bug, but have not used it since getting the minelabs :rolleyes:

If your going to get a new detector you can't beat Rob's Detector Sales, Best deals & service :D

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Carlos,

If you go to the top of the forums you will see some of the bundle special I'm running right now. This includes the SD2100, 2200 & GPX-4000.

The SD2100v2 is - $1,995.97

The SD2200v2 is - $2,495.97

The GPX-4000 is - $4,495.97

All these metal detectors come with FREE accessories.

The technology is a bit jump from the Eureka Gold to the SD series.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Big Ed, I tried that ground balance suggestion a few days ago. IT DOESN'T WORK... I first balanced in 60 khz. Then in 20, and finally in 6.4 khz. When I went back to 60 to start hunting it wasn't ground balanced. This is what I figured would happen. Just like any time you turn the detector off, when you turn it back on you have to balance again.

I think 'somebody said, then somebody else said' got misinterpreted. It just didn't sound logical.

Goldbug Ron

Gosh... Rob... I bought my Eureka Gold from you... Paid your asking price and you threw

in two Koss 30 headsets... Great Deal. I field tested it for Western & Eastern Treasures and

as I remember the test was published in the January 2004 issue... now four years ago....

Later, as a guest of "Ed" I went to a November LDMA outing at Stanton... Met many of

the posters on this forum... One of the LDMA members, "BEAR" bought a E-G from Sandy

and the next day found a nice nugget with it about 10 feet from the left front tire of "Eds"

Camper. Then it was "Eds" turn and he also found a nugget or two... this was in the lower

parking lot at Stanton... We were parked on a small patch...

Gold Bug Ron is correct....Each of the three freqencies are independent... However it is easy

to toggle between all three and quickly gb the frequency you select... By doing this the

operator can gain insight on an iffy target.... One "trick" is to circle the questionable target

while in groundbalancing... then to fix and pass over the target...

As I write this "Ed" still has my E-G. He is using it... I have not seen it since then...

Maybe He needs to give me 50% of any finds. ??? (grin)