Quick thoughts on the Tesoro Lobo

Yes there is a Lobo the original it doesn't have the supertrack. I've used both detectors and liked them very much. However no candle to the minelabs or some other Pi units out there. If you can get one cheap there nice to have around. I think Steve had a really honest review that included the super track lobo AMDS is the place to look for that. Hope this helps

Jay

Hi Nathan, I agree with steve on this one, I still own a lobo and use it for a coin hunting machine. It works well in trashy areas on coins but it is not a PI detector by any stretch. The discrimination on gold in the Lobo is for the most part obsolete but Tesoro has much better machines available these days. The Lobo will pick up gold nuggets in all metal mode ok but I would consider it a better than most "older" starter detector for gold only. There is no one machine that does both well. Many companies are trying to be the first to solve that problem. AzNuggetBob