GP3000 Black Coil

Can anyone please tell me if the gp 3000 ever came with a black coil,i have recently bought a secondhand unit and it was supplied with a black gp3000 coil,i have never seen one for the 3000 but have had them for the extreme,and would anyone know whether this would be a mono or dd,much appreciated if anyone can help,regards deb

Can anyone please tell me if the gp 3000 ever came with a black coil,i have recently bought a secondhand unit and it was supplied with a black gp3000 coil,i have never seen one for the 3000 but have had them for the extreme,and would anyone know whether this would be a mono or dd,much appreciated if anyone can help,regards deb

Re the black coil. They were the original issue with the GP Extreme and will work fine with the 3K (the 3K will probably hop it up a bit) My best finds were with the 18 inch black coil with the GP Extreme. They are a bit heavy but developed for the Minelab, work great. I have used the aftermarket coils but haven't had any better success with the time in field use comparison. Onion Gold

I agree. I am still using the black coil that came with my Extreme on my 3500. It works just fine. The reason I'm still using it is because it was the only one that came with a longer cable. Since I chest mount my machine, it's just the right length for me. All the stock coils that came out since then have been with the old short cable.

Re the black coil. They were the original issue with the GP Extreme and will work fine with the 3K (the 3K will probably hop it up a bit) My best finds were with the 18 inch black coil with the GP Extreme. They are a bit heavy but developed for the Minelab, work great. I have used the aftermarket coils but haven't had any better success with the time in field use comparison. Onion Gold