A few Moore Creek pictures

• Admin

Hello All,

Here are a few pictures that I wanted to get up tonight just so you can see them. I will get more up tomorrow night. I probably have 60-70 pictures total of the trip.

Picture 1 - A few small gold nuggets (0.1 - 0.2 ounce) that I found the first couple of days at Moore Creek. All these gold nuggets were found in either non-pushed or pushed dredge tailing piles. Both of these gold nuggets were found with the Minelab GPX-4500 metal detector and the new Coiltek 18-inch elliptical GoldStalker searchcoil.

Picture 2 - A nice 1+ ounce gold nugget found on a tailing pile that has been heavily worked. This piece has more gold than quartz. Probably 80-85% gold the rest host rock, which is mostly quartz and feldspars. The piece was well over 12-inch deep and also found with the GPX-4500 metal detector.

Picture 3 - Is the biggest nugget I found on the trip. The gold nugget weighed 1.65 ounces, but sure looks a lot bigger. Probably has 50% gold 50% quartz. This piece was a good 16-inch deep on a tailing pile.

There are many more nice nuggets to be found at Moore Creek. More pictures coming soon!

Rob Allison

Congrats to you Rob and all the others who scored at Moore creek.

Those nugs sure look like beauties. Are all the nugs there that smooth?

I love seeing the terrain from different areas and it is amazing to think of how much gold is still out there!

Nice pictures and I look forward to more... Maybe I can get some for my new website?

Take care

Trevor

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I still have a bunch of pictures to post, just been so busy trying to play catch up now since I was gone for a week.

Trev @ Coiltek - You're welcome to use any of my pictures my friend. I have a lot of pictures that are not on the forums, so let me know if you're looking for some in particular.

AuGlenn - The bugs were minimal the first part of the week due to the cold weather and some light rain. The last couple of days the Sun popped out here and there and warmed the place up. The bug got a bit annoying the last day or so, but nothing that you couldn't put up with. The worst spots are when you tromp through the Alders and brush.

Talk with you guys later,

Rob Allison