Recommendations for Detector in British Columbia?

• Admin

Hello Tuffdetector,

I would recommend a Minelab PI if you can budget it. The Minelab PI's are much more immune to mineralization (mineralized soil, hot rocks & volcanics) than VLF gold nugget hunting metal detectors. The White's GMT is using the VLF technology, so it will find a lot of hot rocks and false signals if you get into pretty mineralized soil conditions. In mild to somewhat moderate mineralization the White's might work well.

Also, the Minelab PI's get 2-3 times the depth over the conventional VLF metal detectors. This is another plus for the Minelab PI's.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Any suggestions on a detector for use in BC? Hot rocks galore. Was considering White GMT or Minelab sd2000v2 but price is issue. Any suggestions?

If you can find one yet, look into the new Whites TDI. I've field tested it for 2 years now and haven't found any ground it can't handle. The only hot rocks I've encountered were basalt and those were easily balanced out.

Here's a link to a web site that will give you more info on it from users and well as experts.

http://tdi.invisionplus.net/index.php?mfor...amp;showforum=3

Digger Bob