Pocket Rocket Question?

Does the Coiltek Pocket Rocket have a built in signal enhancer? Or is it just a stabilizer? I am trying to find out what will help the most, a Signal enhancer or Pocket Rocket?

I am new to Minelab detectors. My first one, (SD 2100)

Jim

Hi Jim....Here's what I've found to be the optimum set up on my SD2100...I use the pocket rocket battery set up (7.2 volt setting) with a short cord to Doc's enhancer that I got from Rob....Then I also use Black Widow headphones...It's an unbeatable combination...You dial the enhancer up about 85% of max, just below the static sound, then adjust your headphones to suit you...I get phenomenal results with this combo...I favor the Nuggetfinder 14" Eliptical mono, the coiltek 17" Wallaby mono, the NF 9x5 mono and the NF 14" round DD ... Also the Coiltek 18"DD Pro...I have several other coils but these are my nugget getters...Remember to always Ground Balance at the beginning of a beeping session...Good Luck out there...Cheers, Unc

If anyone can give advice about the 2100 it would be Uncle Ron. By the way Ron I havn't been able to get outt and use all the maps I got from you but the ones that I did use were great. Thanks a lot Slim, in TX. Hope to get back out next fall and stay the winter. Would like to meet you in person sometime. Coffee is on me.

• Admin

Hello Jim,

Uncle Ron pretty much said it. The Coiltek Pocket Rocket with an external signal enhancer like the Detacc or the new Goldscreamer will work well. The Black Widow's are also the best headphones in my opinion for the SD/GP/GPX series.

There are so many coils available, that is just a matter of personal choice.

If you decide on any of these accessories, I always have them in stock.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Greetings Jim,

I run the 2200v2. The Pocket Rocket and the Gold Screamer amp are the two biggest improvements that I have done for my machine. Not only will you notice the performance gains, but getting that 6 lb. lead weight off your back makes it worth it. The Pocket Rocket only weighs 14 oz. and you get a run time of about 7 hrs per battery. Less weight on your back means you can carry more gold home. ;)

Thanks

Todd

Thanks guys,

Rob I will be calling you Monday to order some stuff, Like the Pocket Rocket, and Doc's Enhancer.

I would have called you today but I didn't think you would be open for business.

Todd, you got that right about the 6 lbs off my back but what about all that weight on my arm?

I guess I will use a bungee.

Jim