Lady D take a peak

Looks like Jade to me. I remember that big chunk they have on display down in Laguna Beach at the Pottery Shack, looks just like it with the exception that the one in Laguna is nicely polished from rolling around in the surf for thousands of years.

Doc

Doc I was dredging when I found it, it really jumped out at me especially the color I have seen green stone cobals but this was different hence I kept it aside. I have been told to get a hardness test on it to be sure. It's a good 2 pound piece if it is Jade :rolleyes:

Doc I was dredging when I found it, it really jumped out at me especially the color I have seen green stone cobals but this was different hence I kept it aside. I have been told to get a hardness test on it to be sure. It's a good 2 pound piece if it is Jade :rolleyes:

Hay Vini

Might be jade or serpentine you found, if you were dredging around Flyaway or David Gulch that is the source of the jade. Can be found in white,black,grey, light to dark green and transparent green. If you want it slabbed stop by. Chuck

Kool Chuck yeah i'd like to see the in side of it for sure i'll get it to you ASAP

I have a feeling you guys are more right then what I hoped for that being jade but Serpentine is nice too , epidote ? but i'm not sure that ones in our area but it's similar that marbled end of the stone is the nicest part of it the rest is pretty solid but cutting it will tell us more.

I believe I see some jade inclusions in that serpentine...gj :) most of the nephrite jade and some jadeite we got were from jade beach south of Montery and north of seal beach...but I see some pretty jade inclusions, I think...hard to tell...might even be jadeite actually...and hard to tell from a pic too...but scratch with a nail, if it scratches with all your strength, probably soapstone, if it doesn't most likely will be nephrite jade..nice find :)

I did have one very large serpentine rock I found in the Bagby area, about 20#...had chromite crystals, mostly serpentine, nephrite jade and soapstone all in one rock...lost it though in the move...probably my kids hid it so they wouldn't have to lug it lol...sigh...wanted to sculpt it but se lavie

oh I just remembered another test, nephrite jade feels waxy ...the mineral museum in Mariposa can ID it for you

.the mineral museum in Mariposa can ID it for you

AH HAH there you go next time i'm up that way i'll stop in might be this Friday even, thanks LadyD yeah i think theres a little piece on there thats jade that one end it does feel a little waxy like you mention , we shall see ;)