What kind of soil's affect depth with the PI's

Mineralised ground will have an effect on any detector, but not as much on the P.I.s as the VLF'S, pis are able to handle much of the bad ground, by the different settings and coils used, Here in Mariposa, we have really bad ground, lots of hot rocks, magnatight, and you lose some depth, with all detectors in ground like this, the trick is setting your detector, for this soil and using the right coil. I find I get more depth and sen. when the ground is damp or wet, this ground here has lots of clay also but it does help you get more depth when wet. Grubstake

Mineralised ground will have an effect on any detector, but not as much on the P.I.s as the VLF'S, pis are able to handle much of the bad ground, by the different settings and coils used, Here in Mariposa, we have really bad ground, lots of hot rocks, magnatight, and you lose some depth, with all detectors in ground like this, the trick is setting your detector, for this soil and using the right coil. I find I get more depth and sen. when the ground is damp or wet, this ground here has lots of clay also but it does help you get more depth when wet. Grubstake

Thank's Grubstak's I'll be looking fore a Minelab PI after I sell afew of my coin detector's.Dosn't look like I'll be getting a new one though .The price's nock my sock's off .........Any one compaired the older 3000 moddel's with the newer 4500's to see if there is a big differance in depth, I think thay use the same coil's...Hobby

Hobby, anyone you ca get will be better than a VLF, although they too have there place, mostly on specimen gold in quartz. There's not that much difference on depth,persay, its the settings and coils, the 4000's and 4500's willlet you run mono coils, where they could not before, as you can tweek the settings more. I'm hunting with a 2200sd, and wish I had my 4000 back, as the 2200 is struggling in this soil, and I'm limited to DD coils, in this area, in the desert, I can run monos without too uch problem, but up here is where I hunt. Grubstake

Hobby, anyone you ca get will be better than a VLF, although they too have there place, mostly on specimen gold in quartz. There's not that much difference on depth,persay, its the settings and coils, the 4000's and 4500's willlet you run mono coils, where they could not before, as you can tweek the settings more. I'm hunting with a 2200sd, and wish I had my 4000 back, as the 2200 is struggling in this soil, and I'm limited to DD coils, in this area, in the desert, I can run monos without too uch problem, but up here is where I hunt. Grubstake

Thank's fore the info Grubstake's. I'm getting real tired of hearing those hot rock's. I think the minelabs PI's are the way to go.If you got the fund's. HH ...Hobby :)