Old Patch with New Detector's

NuggetSlayer and myself, thought we'd hit and old patch that we haven't visited for well over one year. We use to swing our VLF's with some success there and we where more surprised that we couldn't even see our old dig holes. So, with our new detectors and our new coils that we ordered from Rob, we hit the patch swinging and digging. NuggetSlayer, was using his new Coiltek Goldstalker 14" x 9" Elliptical and I the new Commander 11" Round. He went one way and I another and five hours later tired and cold, we showed each other our finds. We will be back to this old patch with our new equipment before Christmas, I hope!

S3000002.jpg

22Dec08VetDig2.jpg

Have a Merry Christmas,

LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy and Nuggetslayer,

Way to go again on the gold nuggets! I am starting to sound like a broken record with you guys. Hope you stay in the color. Very nice looking gold nuggets. That Goldstalker 14" eliptical mono is a killer on all gold. Once you get the detector tuned it won't miss the gold. Just make sure that you dig it all and you won't leave anything behind. Thanks for sharing your finds. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Cheers,

matt

I liked the 14" Elliptical coil it was my first real time out using it. I'm use to my 11" gold search mono so I'm gonna have to get used to this one. As far as sensitivity and depth I can't really comment on that as both of my nuggets where only about 2-3 inches deep. However the this coil does have a lot less ground noise then the gold search. Thanks for all of the nice replys hope you guys get out there and find some gold for the holidays as well.

Nice find Slayer. I hear Lundy keeps ridin yer coat tails ! :spank:

Luckylundy has been a prospector for more years than I have been alive. I think it would be a far cry for him to ride my coat tail might be a better to say its the other way around. He has taught me everything that I know about finding gold. The only thing we are learning together is the Minelabs.

Tony,

My Wife has prospected with me for over 20 years, the only thing she expects is the yearly family vacation...she's talking about someplace with palm trees. Lucky for me, there's some down the street!!! Now NuggetSlayer's Wife, may have a different goal in mind and it keeps him digging twice as fast as me...I know it would if I was 20 years younger!

LuckyLundy

Well it finally happened today...both NuggetSlayer and myself got the skunk and we worked hard. We still enjoyed our day outside and we just may write this old little patch off and let my old dredging partner for 16 years or more, Bullfrog have a go at it with his backpack dredge.

LuckyLundy