I know a bunch of you knew him well. He as a bit on the extreme side of politics, but out in the gold field he was a great person. Here is a article out of a news paper on his death.

Joe Bahde

Joe Bahde, 71, of Boulder City, died Oct. 30.

Bahde was born in Fort Wayne, Ind., and married Lynn Grahovac on Feb. 22, 1964. He was a retired gold miner and enjoyed metal detecting.

Bahde is survived by his wife, Lynn of Boulder City; sons Joey Bahde of Irvine, Calif., Jimmy Bahde of Henderson, Scott Bahde of Boulder City, and Terry Landis-Bahde of Las Vegas; daughter, Tammy McKeever of Boulder City; grandchildren Tara, Timmy and Taylor McKeever of Boulder City, Mason, Katrina, Scotty and Sammy Bahde of Boulder City, Misty Tyler of Henderson and Joe Landis of Henderson; great-grandchildren Jaelyn, Braden and Tori Landis and Trenton and Rachael Tyler, all of Henderson; and sisters Pat King of Dolan Springs, Ariz., and Ethel Yessayan of Frankenmut

Only got to meet the man once, very sorry to hear of his passing. Curious tho, why it took so long to hear about it. He had some great stories, the short time I got to listen. I checked his site several times (way in the past) and liked his viewpoints!

Hope his family has adapted well and my sincere condolenses to them-

Shep

Well, that's a bummer...Interesting that this past weekend I was wondering what happened to Joe...He was a one of a kind....I only got to meet him once at the last Gold Basin Beanorama a number of years ago...I'm sure Joe's got the patches covered where he is now and sending down some positive thoughts to those who hunt behind him now...Cheers, Unc

Well, that's a bummer...Interesting that this past weekend I was wondering what happened to Joe...He was a one of a kind....I only got to meet him once at the last Gold Basin Beanorama a number of years ago...I'm sure Joe's got the patches covered where he is now and sending down some positive thoughts to those who hunt behind him now...Cheers, Unc

My sympathies and prayers go out to the Bahde family. I knew Joe well. I originally met Joe about 14 years ago through Hoss Blackman. Joe was one of those guys who was sort of hard to get to know. Once he took a liking to you, you were golden, but he was sort of guarded. Joe was a staunch conservative patriot. He was prone to entertaining some pretty wild conspiracy theories, but that was just part of who he was.

He was very generous in always allowing us to use his claims for outtings at Gold Basin. He was quite the prospector in his day.

Seems we have a whole generation of prospectors passing away. First Hoss, then Joe, now Chip, and Van Marshall, who was a good firend of Hoss and mine, and one amazing prospector, pilot, welder, his wife, Janae, just passed in the last week. Van lives about 500 feet from where Hoss used to live down in Meadview.

These people will always be in our hearts when we are out swinging our detectors.

BCOT!

Doc