Got A Winter Gold Fix

Hey Guys,

I have had the worst case of cabin fever for some reason this winter. Worse this year than normal and I am not sure why.

Anyways the weather here in boise has been dark, gloomy, foggy and cold, for the past week or so.

On Friday I was checking out the weather forecast in N-Nevada, and it was calling for mid to upper 50's and sunny. I phoned my father, and of course he was up for a short trip. Then I asked the wifey, and much to my surprise she had nothing planned for us... Yeah! :P

We headed out at 4am on Saturday morning. We had to drive about 2 hours through some pretty dense fog, in the dark, in the middle of deer country. It was kind of scary, expecially since the freezing fog had laid a blanket of ice on the road. We finally broke through the fog, and were greeted by the moon and stars. We arrived at our first intended destination at around 9am.

It was goregeous weather for the intire trip. The low's were in the teens, but there was no wind, so as soon as the sun came up it warmed up pretty fast.

I wish I would have sharpend my pick before leaving for this adventure, for digging through frozen solid dirt clauds proved to be a challange. Every single nugget I dug was locked up inside of a dirt claud.

The thing that sucked most about this was my supermagnet was worthless.

Most of the snow has been melted, with the exception of a few shaded areas. Looks like N-Nevada will be suffering with the lack of much spring run-off this year.

We hunted until dark on saturday, and then headed home at 2pm today.

I found 8 nuggets swinging the 4000 with both the 12"NFEM, and 16"NFRM.

Gus-

This nice little wash produced a couple nuggets.

post-17911-1232337094_thumb.jpg

5.2 Grams.

post-17911-1232337105_thumb.jpg

:)

Nice gold Gus. Always enjoy your threads. Didn't think you can gold dig this time of the year in Idaho. Showed me somthing again. Living close to the border like that, just amazing...bob777...