Rob What Coil Do You Use On The 24k Pushes

Hey Rob what coil do you use on the opening day of the 24k pushes. I have been using the mine lab 11" DD stock coil but I really don't like it. Besides the fact that I have never found gold with that coil I am sure there is a better option. I need to know how much money I am going to have to explain to my wife when I drop a load at your booth. When is that baby due? Maybe I can tell her it is our contributition to the college fund. HA

See You At The Gold Show

Jerry The Junker

• Admin

Hey Jerry,

Well I have used all the coils under 11 and now 12-inch for the pushes. For a long time I was using the Coiltek Platypus 11.5-inch Elliptical Mono and done well with it. I spent some time also using the Minelab Commander 11 and 8-inch Mono's along with the Coiltek Joey 10x5 Elliptical Mono.

I would suggest a Mono over a DD for better depth and sensitivity. The smaller the coil, the less interference you're going to hear from other metal detectors on the first day. Either way it's pretty noisy, but with a small coil it's not as bad! :wacko:

I prefer to come back a day or so later and run over the ground slow with a bigger Mono. I've actually found better gold and deeper doing this.

A partner of mine has been using the Minelab Commander 11-inch Round on the pushes the last couple of months and hasn't been skunked since then. He is conviced that coil is doing wonders on his GPX.

It all comes down to preference, but if you puchase a coil for the pushes (under 12-inch), I would consider a size that you might be able to make use of somewhere beyond the push also. Real small coils like the Joey and Minelab 8-inch are great on the pushes, but also can be used on the claims for working in and around the Granite boulders to find gold nuggets that bigger coils have missed.

Once you see these new Goldstalker's, if you don't have one already, you're going to be amazed! ;)

Hope to see you at the Gold Show.

P.S. Dawn is due April 3rd, but we both believe the Baby will be born before that.

Rob Allison