Cut back on expences

Anyone trying to get me on the phone, you will just have to keep trying, best time to get me is when I'm not on the internet, between 5-6 pm calif. time. I had my long distance shut off today, to save on money, I'd like to shut down the garbage pick up, as they keep raiseing it, it now cost me a $100.00 per month, just to have 4 cans aweek picked up. with no other alternitve. Grubstake

Anyone trying to get me on the phone, you will just have to keep trying, best time to get me is when I'm not on the internet, between 5-6 pm calif. time. I had my long distance shut off today, to save on money, I'd like to shut down the garbage pick up, as they keep raiseing it, it now cost me a $100.00 per month, just to have 4 cans aweek picked up. with no other alternitve. Grubstake

HELLO GRUBSTAKE

U.P.S. TO ME WILL SAVE YOU $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TAKE CARE

COP 614

AKA JIM WADDILL

Jim, I'll tell you, when my mother in law went into the hospital this month, we had to do all the calling, to report on her condition, it was always well, call me back and let me have an update, no more. If they want to know they can call, now I'm talking ,calls to Fla. Texas, southern Calif, Oh. w.VA, lots of calls. My phone bill was over a $100.00 just on this one incident. So now I don't have to call, they can call every week or so to check on her. I can call long distance, on my pre-paid Cell phone, but I still have to buy minutes, and we got them only for personal emergencies. Grubstake

Hey Gary,

Look up Skype, it is free, you just need a microphone (about 15 or so bucks,) to plug into your computer,

and talk anywhere free, yes, free...even long distance, I know one guy that talks

to a bud in New Zealand... If both parties are on Skype, then it is totally free. Might be some charges

if the one of the parties isn't on Skype..not sure there..

~LARGO~

Gary, we haven't had long distance for a long time. We use a Sprint calling card that is for in state and state to state calling in the U.S. for 7 cents a minute, just don't use it on a public pay phone because then it is $1.25 a minute. We got ours at our local Safeway grocery store, $7 for 100 minutes, and we buy more minutes when we need them using a 800 number. The card was just bought out, but I can't remember by who and I can't check because I'm on dial up like you. There is no website I know of for it so here is the customer service number from the back of our card, 1-800-971-7498. Hope this helps you out.

Damn $100 a month for garbage service! We pay $50.25 for 3 months and I piss-n-moan about that.

Yeh Thats high for garbage, 10 years ago it started out at $37.00 a month, and they only billed you every three months, last year a Canadian company bought the dump, fee's started to rise, and have been going up constantly, They asked the county for another raise this year, and got it, my garbage jumped $60.00 all at once, and now its a two month instead of three month billing cycle. It gets even worse if you haul your own to the dump. I live right in town, and have no choise. Even my TV cable went from a base price of $37.00 a month up to $54.00 without even a notice. If you live in mountains, it sure is pretty, but you get screwed when its a tourist town and just outside Yosemite National park. they haul propane from the valley and they screw us on that too. Cheapest thing I have is PG&E electric, it only runs around $45.00 amonth. Since everything has gone up, but our income, the wife and I are cutting anything, thats not totally deemed needed. Internet saves me alot, I talk to my sister, all my friends via internet. My cars paid for, so I only have gas, and minumum insurance on it. +a little up keep, oil changes, tires and such. Were pretty good at the shopping, we go to Costco in Merced once a month, Spend $200.00- $250.00 for groeceries and that includes food, cleaning stuff, personal stuff, like tooth paste and such. Its not easy, but you got to do! What you have to do! to survive. I'd like to see some of them people on Wall street and in the GOV. live on $200.00 a month for food for two people. I bet some of them spend that much for lunch at them fancy restaunts. Grubstake

Those prepaid phone cards are a good way to go. Get one from Wall Mart or Costco, the smaller outfits sometimes sell off brand companies that turn out to give you lots of busy signals and drop the calls. Some of these cards expire at some time in the future, then you lose all the minutes from the card getting out of date. The one I use I got from Sams Club and it is a ATT card. Works fine, no problems, never expires. I can even call Australia with it. People can still call into your house phone the same as before. When I run out of minutes, I can recharge it with the credit card. You can use it on any phone, even a pay phone. I've never tried the internet phone calls, that sounds like it could be good if it works okay.

Could you get a trash dumpster for cheaper than the barrel service? Seems like all the prices of stuff I use is going up too . Water bill up 29% for the same amount of water as last month. Price increase.

Randy, that one part where I'm lucky, the landlady pays water, her house is hooked to the same line. But she has not been here in three years, so its shut off going to her vacation house. Yeh Costco has a good deal, 1980 minutes for $20.00 not bad. We can make our long distace with our Trac phones, I have the ones that get dubble minutes for the life of the phone and the minutes roll over, Everyone is cutting back, and its going to get worse before it gets better. Grubstake