April wasn't the best month and far from the worst! I had a goal in mind to clean out our dink patch this month. April started off great then I hit 3 days of the skunks and then on the 7th of April I had a great day. By the 10th I had a little over 1 ounce of nuggets and the patch wasn't giving them up easy. I thought I could pound out 2 ounces by the end of the month. Deep digging and dragging my 12 x 15 Commander Mono and then my 16" Round GoldStalker to pull then little guys out of the depths. On the 29th I needed .8 dwt's to make my goal of 2 ounces. Having already dug up a few boot tacks and a handful of little pieces of steel, I found a faint signal, not much different from the targets I already dug. But, once my trusty all metal pick dug out a couple of big cobbles, I was thinking this could be it! I stuck my coil in the hole and it blasted at me, I said, I know that sound and a couple more scrapes and the target was out and into the pile of dirt. I pin pointed it and got it in the first scoop, by the second handfull of dirt I had it in hand. A shinny 1.6 dwt nugget...I hunted a little more and headed home for a cool one! I'd like to thank the Gold Gods...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

April2009Total002.jpg

April2009Total003.jpg

LuckyLundy,

As always, congradulations on the great gold nugget finds. How much does the big fatty weigh? Also, have you been keeping track of how many days you put in this month? Mountain time is around the corner. I hope we can get together this summer and get some gold. The snow is melting fast. Thanks for the pictures.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

I keep books for our nugget hunting party. As you know there are several of us that hunt together and share our life knowledge, homes, restuarant gatherings and detecting areas with each other. I didn't detect for 5 day's in April the rest of the days varied between 2 to 6 hour days...hardwork, but met my goal. I'm not the best detectorist in our group, but I am retired and have the time to get out and loose some weight!!! I'd have to say NuggetSlayer (Jeff) is a very good detectorist, when we hunt I watch him and all I see is his elbows and a plumber's smile. He digs them all and lets the scoop sort them out, he only hunted 4 days in April and 1 dink from and even ounce total. He digs more holes than I can dig 3 to 1, that keeps him in the money each month. Of course he is the kid in the party and he thinks he's old at 30 yrs.

It looks like snow this weekend...might delay my high country detecting for a few more days...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

hey im hopeing to see some of you guys around sometime.so just a warning to lucky,tony,montanna and nugetslayer if some crazy guy comes running by you and rubs your head doing a texas rebel yell. well thats just me trying to steal some luck from yall. i know you guys work hard to find your gold and luck has only a little part in it.but hell lucks all i got going for now since im so green to this.keep showing people like me your pics 6 more weeks and i get to do my first real gold hunting trip. texas flour gold dosnt count in my book.i want a teeny nugget.good luck guys

wayne

LL

Nice pile of gold for the month. I thought I retired but the phone keeps ringing and the car repairs keep coming in, just can't say no. Looks like were in for some good rain the next couple of days then hopefully the weather will stay clear. I to have some areas up in the high country I want to get to with my detector.

Anyway keep up the good work, a couple of ounces a month is a good supplement to the retirement check. Take care.

Wes

LL,

Where you guys hunt, is the area on a claim, private property, or open to all? Currently live in Colorado, originally from central California (left in 64). Have thought many times of coming back to find my roots, but if all the good spots are either claimed or on private property, the trip might not be worth the effort.

Pat

April wasn't the best month and far from the worst! I had a goal in mind to clean out our dink patch this month. April started off great then I hit 3 days of the skunks and then on the 7th of April I had a great day. By the 10th I had a little over 1 ounce of nuggets and the patch wasn't giving them up easy. I thought I could pound out 2 ounces by the end of the month. Deep digging and dragging my 12 x 15 Commander Mono and then my 16" Round GoldStalker to pull then little guys out of the depths. On the 29th I needed .8 dwt's to make my goal of 2 ounces. Having already dug up a few boot tacks and a handful of little pieces of steel, I found a faint signal, not much different from the targets I already dug. But, once my trusty all metal pick dug out a couple of big cobbles, I was thinking this could be it! I stuck my coil in the hole and it blasted at me, I said, I know that sound and a couple more scrapes and the target was out and into the pile of dirt. I pin pointed it and got it in the first scoop, by the second handfull of dirt I had it in hand. A shinny 1.6 dwt nugget...I hunted a little more and headed home for a cool one! I'd like to thank the Gold Gods...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

April2009Total002.jpg

April2009Total003.jpg

Pat,

Stay in Colorado, I'm sure it's much cheaper to live there than here! As far as where I hunt! I know more places where not to hunt. Here's some color from yesterday...got the skunk this morning!

LuckyLundy

4May09VetDig002.jpg