california Metal Detecting locations...

The waters pretty low, I don't think you could wade accross with a detector, but the river is not a lake at Bagby, untill you get about 4 miles down stream. lots of fresh runoff right now due to the heat, but the snow in the high counrty is all but gone. Still can't launch boats at Bagby, to low. I guess you know that overnight camping there at Bagby is 21.00 or 26.00 a night, even for a dry camp. Grubstake

The waters pretty low, I don't think you could wade accross with a detector, but the river is not a lake at Bagby, untill you get about 4 miles down stream. lots of fresh runoff right now due to the heat, but the snow in the high counrty is all but gone. Still can't launch boats at Bagby, to low. I guess you know that overnight camping there at Bagby is 21.00 or 26.00 a night, even for a dry camp. Grubstake

Thanks for the info Grubstake

I guess you know that overnight camping there at Bagby is 21.00 or 26.00 a night, even for a dry camp. Grubstake

I hate to see what a motel cost for a night. Is that a county park or what, if it is it looks that that will solve the states budget probs. :blink: Wyndham

No its private owned, by the Merced Irrigation District, motel up here are $80.00 to $200.00 a night, depending on how booked they are and what time of year, this time of year, there booked months in advace, Yosemite National Park is just outside our door, and this town makes 99.9% of there money from tourist. The locals won't even shop here, I drive an 80 mile round trip once a month to get food and stuff. Its a lot cheaper for me, we have the highest gas prices in the nation right here. Grubstake