Casper the friendly Ghost

:D :D :D Last Thurs afternoon, I left Bakersfield to hunt with good friends Lucky, Nugget Slayer, and new friend El Dorado. Sorry that Jeff's Family is sick with the swine flu, hope that they are well soon. Jeff, we missed you. Friday, Lucky took me to a patch that he and Nugget Slayer have hunted many times, only this day it wasn't giving up any gold. By the end of the day we were tired and sore, for we must have hiked 5 or 6 miles. He had sore feet, and I was sore all over. I took a couple aspirin and hit the sack about 7:30. Next morning Lucky woke me to tell me that Breakfast was ready. ( I stayed at a bed, breakfast, and dinner.) El Dorado arrived about 6 am and after a great meal we were off. Not long after we got to the patch, El Dorado hit his nugget. About noon, he decided to call it a day, and was good enough to tell me to hunt close to where he found his, and before he left I found two about 10 ft. apart. It was a great day and I was one happy camper. (Thanks El Dorado, you made my day!) I told Lucky that I would like to give it one more shot on Sunday morning, before going back to Bakersfield. I've been hoping to find a 1/4 oz'er for a pendant for my wife. Everyone tells me, "Just buy her one," but it is not the same. Sure enough I found that 1/4 oz'er on Sunday. It weighed in at 5.8 dwt. I named it Casper the Friendly Ghost. A special thanks to Robin and Lucky for being such great people. I feel like I have taken one of Lucky and Nugget Slayer's nuggets - it will be worn proudly by my wife. Thanks, Doug

Doug....It was a great hunt! So glad my pointy finger finally helped someone! It was so cool to see you pull out those 2 nuggets, especially when you said they were the biggest gold nuggets you have ever found! Even Lucky could hear the first one clink in your scoop and he was a ways from us!

'Till our next hunt

Steve

Doug,

Your new GPX 4500 and coupled with the 9x14 Goldstalker did you good!!! You worked hard for your gold nuggets, no-one gave them to you. You dug up enough trash to build a Kia...now that you recognize what gold sounds like, I expect to see some Arizona nuggets added to your poke. Enjoyed your company as always...remember keep that coil on the ground and go slow! Until our next hunt,

LuckyLundy

Steve it was great hunting with you guys. I will send Casper up your way, so you can put a bail on it. Do you need one of the other nuggets for the bail? I think the gold chain that Marilyn has is about 3/16 of an inch. I will measure it when I get home, and call you then. Happy hunting and thanks again. Doug

Doug,

Your new GPX 4500 and coupled with the 9x14 Goldstalker did you good!!! You worked hard for your gold nuggets, no-one gave them to you. You dug up enough trash to build a Kia...now that you recognize what gold sounds like, I expect to see some Arizona nuggets added to your poke. Enjoyed your company as always...remember keep that coil on the ground and go slow! Until our next hunt,

LuckyLundy

Lucky, I thought Low and Slow all the way to Bakersfield. The rain is on its way, and may be it will bring a few nuggets out. I am having withdrawal, and might have to find a place around Bakersfield. Happy hunting . Doug

Doug, I'm glad you got your wife a nice pendant nugget. Wish I could have hunted with you again, but that is the way it goes sometimes. Lucky makes a mean breakfast. I try to show up early about once a month to score one, but I'm always the late guy in the group. Hope your truck got ok fuel milage hauling back all that gold, take care and take a pick of that nugget on the little lady!

Doug, I'm glad you got your wife a nice pendant nugget. Wish I could have hunted with you again, but that is the way it goes sometimes. Lucky makes a mean breakfast. I try to show up early about once a month to score one, but I'm always the late guy in the group. Hope your truck got ok fuel milage hauling back all that gold, take care and take a pick of that nugget on the little lady!

I WILL AND I WILL SEND YOU THE PIC. . TAKE CARE AND DON'T GET SICK , FOR I KNOW THAT LUCKY WILL BE READY TO GO ON THURSDAY. DOUG

Way to go Doug. I can only imagine how that felt. I am back in Tucson

See you soon unless you decide to stay in Calif..

Phil

PS: That goes to show( Location- Location)

Hi Phil, I had a great trip , and really got that Skunk this time. I will see you in a week, if everything goes to plan. Take care and happy hunting. Doug

• Admin

Hello Doug,

I would never steer a customer wrong on what a Minelab GPX-4500 and a Coiltek Goldstalker coil can do. Yes, the gold has to be there, but performance wise this combo is hard to beat! This is one reason I'm including a FREE Coiltek Goldstalker coil of your choice with the purchase of a Minelab GPX-4500.

Will be nice to finally meet you in person on our field instruction day. Until then, keep knocking out those nuggets! :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yep I wish I would have kept my Coiltek 14" Goldstalker elliptical mono coil. I had it with my 2200d but its all gone. I have hunted with a couple of guys that use them on the GPX series. I'm not bs'n ya one bit when I seen a really good friend about a month ago find one that wouldn't even register on the scale it was so small. Lucky was there we were pretty impressed.