Fake GPX4000 sale

Man I cannot believe this crap...I sold a GPX4000 to a friend in Australia and someone from New Jersey (eagleautoelectric) 7080 has taken my pictures of my old detector and doing a fake sale...He has listed it for one day only...DON'T BUY THIS ITEM! Item no# 130348640359 Guido!!!!!!!!

Wow...this guy is ambitious..he's got four fake detectors on-line on Ebay with bids starting at $66 or $77 dollars.......GPX 4500 and GPX4000's Seller eagleautoelectric 7080 [Feedback score] You can see his other items for sale that are High-end items...

The sellers account has probably been hijacked by a hacker. I bet in the description he tells you to email his personal email before bidding and says there is a BUY IT NOW but there isn't one on the auction page. Fortunately these scams are easy to spot as they try to get you to deal outside of ebay. I feel bad for the account owner as all his work building a legitimate account and business has been compromised.

The sellers account has probably been hijacked by a hacker. I bet in the description he tells you to email his personal email before bidding and says there is a BUY IT NOW but there isn't one on the auction page. Fortunately these scams are easy to spot as they try to get you to deal outside of ebay. I feel bad for the account owner as all his work building a legitimate account and business has been compromised.

I sent Ebay a REPORT ITEM email last night as soon as I saw it! As of 9:00am PST all of his items have been removed from eBay...Just as Sean C. say NEVER GO outside of eBay to complete a deal...you are asking for heartache if you do! Guido

Sean C. pretty much nailed how the scammers do it on eBay. They put up a lot of auctions because all it takes is for one person to bite. The scammers auctions are usually up for only a few hours while the legitimate ones usually stick around.

This has been happening on eBay for years now. I would imagine since the price of the 4500's are skyrocketing there will be a lot more scammers using that as bait. Just use a little common sense and remember if it's to good to be true it probably is. Also it's a good idea to pay through PayPal because they'll cover you up to a certain amount.

Unfortunately there will always be suckers that will bite and lose their money. It sucks for those people, but the scams we see online are the same scams that have been around for many years (even befoer the internet) but it's just a different medium. With the millions of people on eBay it's kind of hard for them to really watch everything. So I personally don't blame them for the actions of other people since that scam is probably one of thousands that are happening this very minute on eBay.

I sent Ebay a REPORT ITEM email last night as soon as I saw it! As of 9:00am PST all of his items have been removed from eBay...Just as Sean C. say NEVER GO outside of eBay to complete a deal...you are asking for heartache if you do! Guido

It's been pulled so eBay got your report. Here is the pulled item page or whatever they call it.

I only have 15 buys on eBay and I have never had a problem other than 2 slow shippers. Their are many 1000 eBay sellers for every ripoff scammer. eagleautoelectric is at 7084 transactions with a 99.9% positive rating and almost 1000 items listed now so he was probably hacked.

Good job on catching the bogus listing Guido, you saved some sucker a bunch of money.

As for (eagleautoelectric 7084 transactions) someone must dislike this guy allot! I have seen this seller before about 10 months ago and it was the same routine back then as it was now. I was puzzle back then because I have not seen a Sellers item listed like this before and I didnt' know what to think of it at the time...So short...Time Listed...such as 24 hour deals only, email me first, being manuvered to complete deals outside the arena and protection of Ebay and deals too good to be true are Red Flags! Guido

I don't know I've had over 200 transactions on eBay and never had a problem. You just have to know what you're doing, go to the feedback and select feedback as a seller, review the complaints see if there were any recently and see how much volume they are doing per month, make sure they are above 99% positive feedback, click on the recently sold items to see that they are not just all very small ticket items, hopefully they have done over 100 transactions, it's usually elementary to pick out a scammer. As has been demonstrated above, a lot of the worst offenders won't even make it to closing date.

I too have bought and sold a bunch on ebay... The old adage, "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is", usually holds true.

What I usually do, especially if it is a high ticket, I look at their feedback. The recent feedbacks usually has a link to the past item descriptions that tells me if the new item is out of character for the seller. If they usually sell craft items and suddenly start selling high ticket electronics, watch out. Also notice that the highjacked accounts are usually accounts that have been inactive for a bit. I guess that way the real account holder will not realize his account is being used because of the inactivity. So high feedback will not always assure you that it's a legitamate listing...