It's Wet and Muddy!

I checked weather this morning and seen a little window. I loaded up and hit a dink patch 1 1/2 hours and 4 dinks later...the rain was coming down and I headed out. The moist/wet soil really makes gold want to be found. So don't talk about the bad weather, turn it around to help fill your poke with gold. Yes, that's Gorilla tape around my coil...keeps me from cleaning out the dirt every trip! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

13Dec09GregDitch10dwts.jpg

Reno Chris. I know the snow isn't much fun unless you are a skiier or a snowmobiler, but Pyramid and Walker lakes could sure use a good blast of water. With any luck, the long running drought in Ca and No. Nevada will be eased with a good mountain snowpack and good spring runoff. Water is the lifeline of the western states for people and the wildlife . You will probably be ready for a trip to Az. this winter if the wet trend continues. ----Bob

Chris, yep we sure need the rain and you all can use that snow to soak up in that hardpan soil you have. I dug a pretty deep target today and it was dry at about 14" down. Our next wave of rain is setting up for Tuesday & Wednesday, that should soak in even further for them real deep targets. NuggetSlayer and I, are heading out between storms in the morning...if we find anything, I'll piggyback on this thread.

LuckyLundy

Rick,

Nice gold nuggets. I made it out today also. My wife had a get together at our house and I was told I had to be out with the hound while the girls were there. The ground was wet and it rained off and on all day. Lucky for me I detect within a few steps of my truck. I have not seen the ground this wet in over two years. It sure makes the nuggets loud and clear. I don't have any pics yet, but I got 7 total. One wopper at over 18" was a specimen at 71.5 dwt with gold all over it. I figure it's got an ounce of the good stuff in it. I'll do a specific gravity test on it and post the story in the next couple days. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Oh, I know we need the rain and snow. This morning we have frozen fog - so we get no sun and the temp gets stuck at around 30.

Bob - hey, I'd love to spend a few weeks in AZ, but I have only so much vacation and need to keep at the job for about 18 more months. This Thursday I will have been working here 25 years.

Congrats on the gold, Lundy and Matt too. When the snow gets deep I just focus on research. I got a good idea this last weekend, but it will have to wait until this summer.

Chris