I Got the Skink!

I felt a little lazy yesterday morning, but around 1100 hrs felt like doing some detecting. I talked my Wife Robin, into detecting with me, we loaded up and headed to one of our patches. At the patch, she ask which way you going. I told her down that way and she said, I'll go this way. Sounds good I told her and that I'll give her a yell on the radio if I run into some color. Robin, is armed with a GP Extreme and has prospected with me for 22 years and has many nuggets to her account. 15 minutes later, my radio is beeping..."Rick, I got a dink. Maybe .5 dwt". Great I reply, them nuggets love company...give that area a working over! Robin, was out of my eyesight and I kept detecting. About a half mile from where we split for the hunt, I got another call on the radio. "I got another, it's flat and maybe .9 dwt's". She was in the same area from her first one and I told her don't leave that spot, there's more? Now, I was a couple ditches from her and digging some great sounding targets, hoping to get on the scoreboard. When I got another call on the radio, "I got another, you better get over here, it's a fat little one maybe .7 dwt" I told her I'm on my way! Leave me one, what you still smelling like a skunk...I didn't reply! Walking up to Robin, she was shaking her field bottle. I thought to myself, them sound bigger than what she was saying. She let me detect the little area and she cleaned it out real nice...I was skunked. With the sun setting lower and leftover's in the frig calling me home. Robin's nuggets hit the scale at .8, 2.3 & 2.9 dwt's...I'm glad I got skunked, cause I didn't feel that way, when I added them to the poke! This isn't her first time she's skunked me and I'm sure not her last...so guy's bring your ladies prospecting with you, they'll bring home the bacon if you don't!!! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

17Dec09RobinDitchCoil59dwt.jpg

Rick,

That is nice to have your wife a prospecting partner. What a nice score for her. Next time she tells you she has a little quarter ouncer, you will probably get a nugget like El Dorado's dropped in your hand. I can't even get my wife to go out to the patches but once a year and that is only for a picnic. She refuses to even consider swinging a detector. Nice gold.

Matt

Matt,

My Wife learned early...she called herself a fishing/hunting/prospecting widow! She's learned the thrill of a nice bass at the end of her fishing rod and the sweet sound of a nugget under her coil. I think your Wife knows you bring home enough gold for the both of you!!! Happy New Year, Matt and talk to you later,

LuckyLundy

Today El Dorado, joined my wife and I on a hunt. He was just what the doctor ordered to chase my skunk away! Steve's Mojo is still working for me and we enjoy his company. Steve, didn't get skunked today with two nuggets to add to his poke. More rain on it's way, looks to be wet the rest of the week...maybe next year? Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

28Dec09GregDitch-1.jpg

Great stuff Rick.

My wife likes to fish and loves to snorkel, but says that she just can't get into "staring at dirt all day". Sniping is about the only prospecting activity that she will join me on, and even then she forces me away from the bedrock cracks to look at the fish half the day. I don't mind though, its all time well spent.

Lucky Lundy. When Betsy beats me like that, I don't even smell the skunk. It doesn't feel like a skunk and in fact I'm usually happier than if I'd gotten them myself. This keeps her eager to join me and assures that there will be a nice picnic lunch. Her poke is impressive. Unlike me she has other interests so she doesn't always join me fishing and prospecting.----Bob

Yep, finding a rich quartz vein would be much easier than finding your partner in life. I was lucky, she's and Iowa farm girl with a ton of brothers plus, she's Ex-US Air Force Sgt. As many of you know and will agree with me, even though I'm retired military and had a few more stripes than her, she's the boss! She rewards me with all the time I want to chase my dreams. Be it a big brown trout, a big buck or that big nugget. I'm a lucky duck and have a few of them hanging on my home walls too! Fell free to post a photo of your special lady under mine here! Until our next hunt!!!

LuckyLundy

RobinByCoil.jpg