Heart DR. Today

well saw the heart DR. today, he said no change, see me in June. unless I have another heart attack. But wants me to follow up with the bariatric sugon to why I'm throwing up blood, They think I have pancreaitus, Will see the DR. for that next month, he comes from UC Davis, once a month up here to Mariposa. So we'll see what happens, right now, I want dry time so I can detect. But Snow and rain tonight, tomarrow and all the way till Friday up here. Snow level around 2500ft or lower tomarrow. Cold, windy. Can't win for losin. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake,

I believe I talked with you once before from Dallas TX on the phone. I have been seeing a heart Dr. also recently. My problem is palpitations (atrial fibrillation), and also (vt nonsustain runs) on heart whatever that means. I went to ER two weeks ago in a ambulance. I was very dizzy with a popcorn poping feeling in the chest. It was bad enough to hospitalize me for the night to be watched over in case of blood clotting should occur. I still have short micro episodes sometimes at night, but nothing like it was since medications started. Do you know anything about this type of electrical heart problem? I’m hoping this will totally be a fix, so I can enter the blue skies again. This type of thing happening at 49 years old has sure been hard on me. It grounded me, and I wasn’t expecting a problem like this so soon in my life. I pray your problem will be resolved as well.

Mark

Yes, Mark my wife and my next door nieghbor both have that. My next door nieghbor got a defibulator pacemaker put in to correct the problem. My wife takes meds. hers is caused by a heart valve that lets blood back into the chamber sometimes. I don't know about flying, but after I had my secound heart attack, the DOT took my Class A truckdrivers lic. from me and said I couldn't drive a commercial truck anymore. I couldn't anyway, you can't take blood pressure meds and drive truck. Your not even supposed to take an asprin by law. Grubstake

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of this. Right now, I’m taking metoprolol, and flecainide. The situations would be so bad at times where I would sometimes have a hard time trying to go back to sleep being afraid my heart would stop. When I would sleep on my left side, sometimes pain would also result from an episode. The meds have helped me a lot, but make me light headed.

Mark

well saw the heart DR. today, he said no change, see me in June. unless I have another heart attack. But wants me to follow up with the bariatric sugon to why I'm throwing up blood, They think I have pancreaitus, Will see the DR. for that next month, he comes from UC Davis, once a month up here to Mariposa. So we'll see what happens, right now, I want dry time so I can detect. But Snow and rain tonight, tomarrow and all the way till Friday up here. Snow level around 2500ft or lower tomarrow. Cold, windy. Can't win for losin. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake,

I'm sorry for what you have to go through. I know how you feel about not being able to get out and have some fun. But I've never put myself in the frame of mind that I'd only have a limited number of outtings left. I don't know what I'd do if I had to think like that. I'm truly sorry for the situation you've found yourself in. Stay strong and hang in there bro. I'm a younger guy (25) on the board and I look up to you guys who have many years of experience. I enjoy reading your posts and hearing about "the good old days". I hope and pray you get well and continue doing the things you love.

Take care and God bless.

~Jesse

Hi Grubstake,

I'm sorry for what you have to go through. I know how you feel about not being able to get out and have some fun. But I've never put myself in the frame of mind that I'd only have a limited number of outtings left. I don't know what I'd do if I had to think like that. I'm truly sorry for the situation you've found yourself in. Stay strong and hang in there bro. I'm a younger guy (25) on the board and I look up to you guys who have many years of experience. I enjoy reading your posts and hearing about "the good old days". I hope and pray you get well and continue doing the things you love.

Take care and God bless.

~Jesse

Jesse, no one said life would be easy, its not. Life is full of ups and downs, I've had plenty of both, I'm not afraid of what might come my way, and like anyone else could get run over by a car tomarrow. I live like every day might be the last. and hope that it is not. Do what you want when you want or feel like it, and the rest will take care of its self. More than half my family died youg, some died in there 70's most in there 30 and 40's. I'm 61 so I've had more time than most. and make the most I can out every day. Its the only way to live, I've been all over the world, in every state, and seen and done thing some people only dream of. Found more gold than most and not as much as some. Been a joy for me and will still be for as long as I can walk and swing a detector. Grubstake

Hello Grubstake We have never met but I have read some of your posts on the forum. I

have enjoyed reading your posts. I wanted to respond to this last one to say that we are all concerned when a fellow adventurist is having some difficulty. I'm glad you posted this to let us know. You will be in my prayers tonight... It sounds like you have had your share of physical problems too. I have had a few also. You know You said you are 61 well, ok I'm 68 I had a guy tell me a couple of days ago when I was out in the ditches by Stanton AZ that I was just a kid. I laughed, then I thought you know he is right. As compared to what I was looking at I guess I am a kid. I couldn't put numbers on this guy, but I know he was up their somewhere way above me in age. Im going to keep thinking like a kid as long as i can and I hope you do too. We are going to have our upsets along the way but were going to over come them all. Iwent on Google Earth to find out where Maracopa was at. It looks like you have a lot of good places to prospect around there. One day when your 68 your going to be out nugget hunting and some old guy is going to walk up to you and in your conversation is going to ask you how old you are, and then hes going to call you a kid,I hope thats me. Im going to be looking for you out there. GOD BLESS and PROTECT YOU Nugget Man