Virginia Dale Mining District, CA

Does anyone here have any knowledge of the New Dale Cemetery which disappeared over 40 years ago.

I am trying to research a baby's grave which I took a photo of back in the 1960's.

'looking forward to hearing from anyone familiar with the area.

Gary

Does anyone here have any knowledge of the New Dale Cemetery which disappeared over 40 years ago.

I am trying to research a baby's grave which I took a photo of back in the 1960's.

Gary

I have seen a few crosses out there, but no cemetery. Never even heard of one. The guy who would know is Bob, goes by 29prospector on here.

Here is a link to his profile: http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showuser=704

DigDeep

• 10 years later...
On 6/15/2010 at 3:55 PM, GaryM said:

Gary

Yes, Gary, I have been to the cemetery and even photographed the heart shaped headstone before some low life scum bum chisled it loos from the concrete base and stole it. Desert Magazine did an article about the cemetery and included a picture of the headstone. The little girl? buried there in 1903 was the baby of the bartender in New Dale. As I recall the inscription did not include a name; just "Baby" and below that was the date 1903.

Perhaps you could do some research on Desert Magazine archives to read the article.

Choral and Jack (?) Pepper were the producers of the magazine The magazine was based in Palm Desert, California.

Contact me at

44jeepnut@gmail .com to discuss further.

-Denver

• Like 1