I have classified, now what about that darn clay?

So I classified my concentrates down to a par above flour gold, which we have a lot of here in Colorado. I still have a fine brown talcum clay powder material that seems to be as fine or finer than flour gold. The darn stuff is sticky and makes water look like coffee brown. I can't see anything when I run my desert fox or even when I hand pan. Any advice would be much appreciated. :wacko:

Get your self a bottle of "Claygone". You can get it at most prospecting shops. Claygone along with acouple of drops of dish detergent should do the trick.

Bunk

Bunk and Clay are right on target. The soap, or JetDry, acts as a "surfactant," to lower the surface tension of the water, allowing the ultra-fine gold to drop out. Cheers! - Terry

So I classified my concentrates down to a par above flour gold, which we have a lot of here in Colorado. I still have a fine brown talcum clay powder material that seems to be as fine or finer than flour gold. The darn stuff is sticky and makes water look like coffee brown. I can't see anything when I run my desert fox or even when I hand pan. Any advice would be much appreciated. :wacko:

Archived