I'm impressed X-Terra Gold 705

I've had an Xterra 705 for a while now, and I got the 9 1/2 round DD high frequency coil. I used it at the beach this summer in San Diego and it worked great. I played around with it here at home with gold nuggets, but nothing serious.

Yesterday I went out to the desert with a customer and we played around with some different settings on his GPX4500.

Then I got the Xterra 705 out and started doing some testing with it. I took a .177 caliber lead pellet and buried is a good 7 inches. I tested the 4500 against it using a Gold Stalker 9 X 14 coil, and I was amazed that it heard that little piece of lead just about as good as the GP4500.

I have one of those weird nuggets that a GPX4500 won't hear. It's one that I found with a Gold Bug II. It's about a gram. Well the GPX4500 didn't hear it at all. It's one of those strange sort of porous nuggets, but man that baby sounded off with the Xterra 705.

My customer was very impressed with that Xterra 705 because it is so light and the response is really nice and crisp with a very solid threshold.

So I let him play around with it, and about two hours later he yells at me to come over and listen. I ran the 4500 over the spot and I said well, it's either gold or a piece of lead.

I listened to the Xterra 705 and it was a really nice clean crisp target. No way you would ever miss it if you got your coil over something that sounded that good.

So he digs the target up, a little 1.1 grammer at around 5 inches.

Nice thing about the Xterra is it has good discrimination too. Bottom line is, if you have someone that wants to get into gold prospecting, but doesn't have thousands of dollars to spend; the Xterra is a great little gold detector.

Not only that but the price is right. The Xterra 705 Gold is $698.95 that comes with a 5 X 10 high frequency coil. The additional 9.5 inch round high frequency coil is an additional $173.

Take care!

Doc

G'day Doc, I could'nt agree with you more, I bought a X-terra 705 from Gerrys Detectors in Boise and I am very happy with it. It is so easy to use and has a very good and easy to understand instruction/user manuel. Not as sensative as my GB2, not as deep as my 4500, but it ignores most small hot rocks and discrimnates very well..I have three coils with it and I take it about everywhere with me. Its a realy good all around detector and I would highly recomend it...By the way are you taking pre-orders for your new 4500/5000 mod. if so PM me-thanks . If I get a chance to go south this winter I would like to stop in and visit..........Idaho Al

Just tell Rob you need to reserve a GSPP.

I am waiting on just one last piece to the package that should be here anytime now.

Thanks!

Doc

G'day Doc, I could'nt agree with you more, I bought a X-terra 705 from Gerrys Detectors in Boise and I am very happy with it. It is so easy to use and has a very good and easy to understand instruction/user manuel. Not as sensative as my GB2, not as deep as my 4500, but it ignores most small hot rocks and discrimnates very well..I have three coils with it and I take it about everywhere with me. Its a realy good all around detector and I would highly recomend it...By the way are you taking pre-orders for your new 4500/5000 mod. if so PM me-thanks . If I get a chance to go south this winter I would like to stop in and visit..........Idaho Al

Archived