Gold bug 2 test

OK, Id did a video test with two different sized pickers taped to poker chips and dug some different depth holes in my back yard. The results: GB2 is a very good machine, pretty awesome actually. And I have to remember with my limited knowledge of this skill, THERE IS a learning curve. I was totally off base. It picked up that fine gold 3" down buried in dirt. The bigger picker sounded off like crazy 3" down.

Here's the video on my gold prospecting channel. I have to say I appreciate the replies, tolerance and wisdom from these forums. Oh yeah, I love the GB2!

Gold bug test

Perform the same test again but run the 'mineralization' on LOW, turn the threshold down until it is barely audible, and try changing the swing speed and see what happens. Do it all again using headphones and see how much better you hear the target. Also, when performing these tests, switch in and out of DISC. to see if the gold comes through.

Goldbug Ron

Perform the same test again but run the 'mineralization' on LOW, turn the threshold down until it is barely audible, and try changing the swing speed and see what happens. Do it all again using headphones and see how much better you hear the target. Also, when performing these tests, switch in and out of DISC. to see if the gold comes through.

Goldbug Ron

Thanks Ron. Question about discriminate. Basically about the sounds it makes and if mines working right. Instead of trying to explain it on the board I just made a video of the question with a little test. If anyone can let me know what to listen for, if it's sounds like it's suppose to and why there's not that much difference between gold and iron.

Really appreciate it. Here's the video:

GB2 discrimination video

Archived