Has Anyone Used the gpx 5000 at the beach yet?

I was wondering if anyone has used the 5000 at the beach using the coin/ relic mode yet? IF so, could you report on how well it performed? Looking at possibly going within the next month.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was using the 5000 in Coin/Relic mode yesterday in the desert just for giggles since I read it finds targets at maximum depth.

I was finding small bits of metal and am excited for the prospects of finding coins/treasure on beaches and elsewhere.

My GMT was sensitive to metal but went crazy on hot rocks, which isn't happening with the 5000.

Have fun! :)

Hi Dave,

I was using the 5000 in Coin/Relic mode yesterday in the desert just for giggles since I read it finds targets at maximum depth.

I was finding small bits of metal and am excited for the prospects of finding coins/treasure on beaches and elsewhere.

My GMT was sensitive to metal but went crazy on hot rocks, which isn't happening with the 5000.

Have fun! :)

Are you sure your in the Coin/Relic mode? To access Coin/Relic you need to have the front Soil/Timings switch flicked to Special then select the Coin/Relic timings in the Special menu. The reason I ask is because Coin/Relic might be very noisy in any sort of mineralised ground (typical goldfields conditions).

JP

Are you sure your in the Coin/Relic mode? To access Coin/Relic you need to have the front Soil/Timings switch flicked to Special then select the Coin/Relic timings in the Special menu. The reason I ask is because Coin/Relic might be very noisy in any sort of mineralised ground (typical goldfields conditions).

JP

Pretty sure, Jonathan.

Then I hit an area with large chunks of hematite? (stuck to magnet) so I switched to Deep, then hit a lotta old mine garbage.

Came away with some boot tacks and similar. No doubt I have lots to learn with settings in different conditions.

Archived