Happy Birthday

Guest sandtrap

Guest sandtrap

I am a Veteran! A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life! Regardless of personal political views, that's an honor and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.........Copy and paste this as your status if you are a Veteran.. I am a Veteran and I served proudly!

I'm KIND of a veteran...........well...okay........Air Force :P

P.S. don't miss the free eats for veterans http://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/

Check the dates carefully and call first to be sure your local restaurant is participating.

And- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! :)

Sandtrap

I'm a Vietnam Vet , Army Combat Engineer.You are so right, how soon they forget. My wife and I now own a Sign shop in East Mesa , Arizona. We want to make sure the Vets coming home from these wars,don't come home to the welcome we got when we got home! We will give a full color WELCOME HOME banner 2' x 5' to anyone who has a family member or friend coming HOME from the war.And I want to personally thank them for their service.Contact me if you are in the area.Dave 602-617-6487

Here is a salute to all of our Men and Women in uniform - and their families. Thank You, and God Bless You! - Terry

post-29158-128944548313_thumb.jpg Basic Training 1973, Ft. Knox, KY - 17-years-old

May God bless ALL our veterans of all our wars.

I started at Fort Leonard Wood Misery in 1965 as an E-1 and finished my active duty in September 1969 as an Army Aviation Warrant Officer 2. I flew combat Missions in II & II corps in Viet Nam, Cambodia and Laos even though we weren't there.

Most of all, I am proud to have served with some of the finest men I have ever know during that year. Here is a picture from August 30th, 1967; my worst day in country and I'm holding an armor piercing round that put us down that day. NO, THAT IS NOT A JOINT I'M HOLDING!

Mark O. Hayes

Black Widow 14

188th Assault Helicopter Company

post-28936-128953547257_thumb.jpg

Archived