Neat video, Woman running a Gold Battery in Australia.

Fun stuff Jennifer. I enjoyed that - but that's been 5-6 years since it was filmed as they quoted gold as worth $560 Aus. per ounce, that equates to roughly US $520. Sure wish I could by myself some gold at $520 per ounce! Probably 5 years from now I'll wish I could buy it at $1350.

Good find Jen,

Malcolm Douglas was an Australian Icon. Unfortunately, he died in a car accident recently at his property in Western Australia-that's where Payne's Find is also. He was in his 70's and still going strong.

Malcolm made dozens of TV specials over a 40 year period which are available on DVD. He was a conservationist well before it became fashionable

Note the gold price of $560/ounce. That was a while ago. Elaine's probably quite busy now if she's still operating.

I think I remember Billy Connolly visiting her on one of his TV specials too.

Robert

Good find Jen,

Malcolm Douglas was an Australian Icon. Unfortunately, he died in a car accident recently at his property in Western Australia-that's where Payne's Find is also. He was in his 70's and still going strong.

Malcolm made dozens of TV specials over a 40 year period which are available on DVD. He was a conservationist well before it became fashionable

Note the gold price of $560/ounce. That was a while ago. Elaine's probably quite busy now if she's still operating.

I think I remember Billy Connolly visiting her on one of his TV specials too.

Robert

Yup, he's classic, he was found pinned between his 4wd and a tree at 6:30 am, loyal dog at his side. :(

Archived