Gold Mining Alaska

I have allways wanted to go to Alaska but the only way I could justify the cost of the fuel, is to be able to stay for three months. I hope I get to make it someday. I am sure this will be a interesting show.

Bunk

Bunk...money is not the only way to justify an activity...if it were there would be a lot less people hunting gold, fishing, hunting, etc...

While I realize one has to spend wisely, life is too short and uncertain to delay every fun thing because the monetary return is not there...

fred

I grew up in Alaska.if you have never been there the pictures can never do it justice . Today it's -35 degrees in Fairbanks , thats 90 degrees less than Phoenix today.The bugs in the summer are large enough to see on a picture or video.I have family up there so I still go up every summer.Be sure to allow plenty of time , there is so many places to go and see.Bunk, let me know when you are going, I'll plan my trip to coincide. Dave

P.S. and lots of big GOLD!!!

I'm in Fairbanks tonight, came up to see the country vis Parks Hwy.....took forever to get here cause I kept stopping for pics....it is beautiful, but you won't be looking for gold here unless your underground or at a hotsprings,,,,it is coooold...

paul

G'Day All, Back in the erly 60's I was stationed on Kodiak . Then lived in Anchorage area in the 90's. The last two years I have worked Wildfirea in Ak, last year @ Delta and this year on the Eagle Fire near Tok. Both times I was on fires long enough to have days off (2 days prior to the 21st day. Last year I rented a Harley from the Farthest North Outpost Harley Dealer in Fairbanks and spent two days on the road. This year I went to Chicken and came back with some gold..I do not wish Alaska any bad, but having said that if they :PB) DO have wildfires next year I hope to be dispatched there again...Worked with some realy great folks there................Idaho Al

Fairbanks makes Anchorage look like Miami ! lol

pk

and it looked like they were gonna crush the Gator,,,maybe they will have it on a longer sling strap next time,,with a quick release! ;)

Fred, I just don't want to rush if I get the chance to make that trip. Besides, I am having trouble getting Mama to think about just a month off next summer, shes a busy girl.

Dave, Do you drive up when you go?

Bunk

Bunk The drive to Ak is very nice...I have a home in Copper Center World Class salmon fishing there but I am a gold hunter, you are welcome there anytime....You too Fred LOL........Geo

post-160-129147141061_thumb.jpg

post-160-129147143046_thumb.jpg

George,

Thank you for the offer! Like I said, as much as I would like to, my wife's store prevents us from doing any long range traveling right now. I have a hard time getting her to take a week off.

Bunk

Don't really know NK......just getting a grip on things here....it is soooo big.

Came down from a job interview in Fairbanks day before yesterday at the VA Clinic and drove through the Hwy 2 to Glen Hwy over to Glen Allen then back to Anchorage,,,,that whole area is beautiful.

I was impressed by the Copper River area and i hope to go back over there in a week or two when i get 5 days off again.

I stayed in Glen Allen night before last and it was OK I think the Delta Junction area was pretty too, but I would like to go on down the Copper River area...

So, to answer your question.. how long?,,,,,don't know, depends on the jobs and God's timing on everything else.

I am going to enjoy the winter and get involved in all the things I can while here.

Gotta ride in a dog sled and cross country ski....

pk

Archived