Hey Doc? on N.Sudan

I was just wondering if you saw any larger scale dry washers? Is any of the big companys in there with leach ops. I know water is non existent out there but man all I saw was what looked like pushes. I mean detectors is not the best way to get the deeper gold under the sands. By the way great vids.

Thanks

CH

The large scale operations are long gone. However my understanding is a lot of dirt was actually carried off and taken to be processed along the Nile where water was plentiful. You drive along the highway and see these large mounds where processed dirt has just been dumped.

Doc

I was just wondering if you saw any larger scale dry washers? Is any of the big companys in there with leach ops. I know water is non existent out there but man all I saw was what looked like pushes. By the way great vids.

Thanks

CH

• 2 weeks later...

The large scale operations are long gone. However my understanding is a lot of dirt was actually carried off and taken to be processed along the Nile where water was plentiful. You drive along the highway and see these large mounds where processed dirt has just been dumped.

Doc

Doc,

Thanks for clearing that up. I was trying to figure out why there was so much dirt next to the river in your videos.... Just processed for gold. So apparently there isn't enough gold to sustain a large mining operation, or it was just to much trouble for the small amount they had gotten?

No there was plenty of gold for a large scale operation. The word is they recovered tons of gold.

But once they scraped the area clean, they had no where else to go, or they are waiting for the guys with the metal detectors to tell them where the next big strike is at.

Doc

]

Doc,

Thanks for clearing that up. I was trying to figure out why there was so much dirt next to the river in your videos.... Just processed for gold. So apparently there isn't enough gold to sustain a large mining operation, or it was just to much trouble for the small amount they had gotten?

Archived